NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/15/14 Gameday Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threw deGrom out tonight going off the idea that Yankee teams in the past have struggled with pitchers they see for the first time. Don't really believe it but needed a stream for tonight.

I doubt he makes it 5 innings but he did strike out Tex in the first

If you missed Salazar's 1st inning, let me just say WOW.

Velocity back up to that 95-98 we saw last year, K'ed Bautista was a completely stupid 90mph slider, great life on the FB, and he's keeping it down. Indians broadcast said, their pitching coach told him to ditch that "ease into the game" thing, and come out a pitch like a closer. We'll see how long that stuff holds up.

I got him on my bench in Pts, but I'd love to see a great outing in Toronto. Simply not a good matchup, and it's always interesting to see how guys look on extended rest.

Velocity back up to that 95-98 we saw last year, K'ed Bautista was a completely stupid 90mph slider, great life on the FB, and he's keeping it down. Indians broadcast said, their pitching coach told him to ditch that "ease into the game" thing, and come out a pitch like a closer. We'll see how long that stuff holds up.

I got him on my bench in Pts, but I'd love to see a great outing in Toronto. Simply not a good matchup, and it's always interesting to see how guys look on extended rest.

FWIW the Rogers centre has had a pretty hot gun I've found this year. I remember Pineda's first start this year there he was throwing 95 outta nowhere. Not saying anything about how he looks as I'm not watching but wouldn't trust the velocity nums is all.

i missed the first. but i saw the second....glad i benched him.

He's got great stuff, gets ahead of guys in the count, then nibbles, then eventually throws a mistake. And all his mistakes seem to go for homeruns.

I'm starting to wonder if Salazar might have some sort of lower back injury. He seems to be leaving/missing high in the zone ALOT hence the laser shows. This kid was so fun to watch last year for the Tribe. Now you have to hold your breath everytime he takes the rubber.

Come on Yordano.

Huge double play ball there. Now facing Davis. Touching 98. Trying to be cute to Davis and fell behind 3-1. Nasty fastball at 96 for a swinging strike 2. Blows another one by him at 98. Love it.

Those first two hits were on fastballs that were pretty much down the plate. Hopefully he comes back out firing to the second third of this line up.

Archived