NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/15/14 Gameday Thread

Maybe they should tell Ventura every pitch doesn't have to be 98. If he drops a 93mph 4-seamer in on Hardy there, no way he hits it.

Keeps wasting 10 pitches an inning on fouls because him, nor Perez, nor Yost seem to understand major league hitters can hit 98 and they are all sitting on it so they won't swing at the breaking stuff and if they do its an emergency hack to foul it off.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they should tell Ventura every pitch doesn't have to be 98. If he drops a 93mph 4-seamer in on Hardy there, no way he hits it.

Keeps wasting 10 pitches an inning on fouls because him, nor Perez, nor Yost seem to understand major league hitters can hit 98 and they are all sitting on it so they won't swing at the breaking stuff and if they do its an emergency hack to foul it off.

Pretty much yeah.

Pretty much yeah.

Velocitys not the issue. Everythings been up in the zone tonight, which is unusual based on earlier starts. Cruz finally made him pay on one. Needs to get the ball down.

Salvador Perez takes a knee to the head sliding head first. He looks discombobulated, be a bad look for the Royals and for Ventura tonight with him out.

Looks like his jaw morethan head is the one positive. Hes staying in.

You do not attempt to steal a run on Alex Gordon. Why would you even try that? Predictable results, hosed out at the plate.

Exactly. Gordon has the ball and the runner was just getting to third. I thought to myself" He's dead meat at the plate". The third base coach made a questionable (being nice) call there. I'll take it, though, as a Ventura owner.

:-)

Archived