NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/15/14 Gameday Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Mike Trout. Steal a base. You're sitting on second after an error and Pujols didn't do his job. Bedard is throwing slop. But nope.

There has to be something wrong with him. He can't be this mediocre for this long.

Well if him and the rest of the bums keep this up on my team it's going to be sell-sell-sell soon.

Pence's foot touches the ball after he grounds out (it was tough to get out of the way since it was rolling right on the line), but should be an automatic out. Instead they call it a foul and continue the AB. Strange..

What a joke of the replay system in San Fran. Pence hits a dribbler and it kicks off his foot in fair territory. Redmond jets out of the dug out UMP's called it a foul ball, then talk it over, and don't even replay it.Total failure of the system. JOKE!!!

What a joke of the replay system in San Fran. Pence hits a dribbler and it kicks off his foot in fair territory. Redmond jets out of the dug out UMP's called it a foul ball, then talk it over, and don't even replay it.Total failure of the system. JOKE!!!

how is that a failure of the system. there was no replay review. redmond needs to challenge..

how is that a failure of the system. there was no replay review. redmond needs to challenge..

Regardless of why it wasn't reviewed I feel that it's still a failure because they didn't get the call correct, which is ultimately the whole point of replay in the first place. Just get the damn call correct. I don't know how in the hell they missed they call in the first place anyway. Just a bad call. How the hell does a ball hit like that kick back to foul ground towards the dug out like that on it's own... not sure what the hell they thought they saw in that situation.

The Giants broadcast team has brought up the play again just now and they're still confused on why it was reviewed...

Regardless of why it wasn't reviewed I feel that it's still a failure because they didn't get the call correct, which is ultimately the whole point of replay in the first place. Just get the damn call correct. I don't know how in the hell they missed they call in the first place anyway. Just a bad call. How the hell does a ball hit like that kick back to foul ground towards the dug out like that on it's own... not sure what the hell they thought they saw in that situation.

The Giants broadcast team has brought up the play again just now and they're still confused on why it was reviewed...

dude, take a deep breath. you're an angry eovaldi owner. that one play wasn't the cause of eovaldi crapping the bed. not only that, you're using ZERO logic in your rants. umps are still human. it was very close to the chalk. redmond should have reviewed.

dude, take a deep breath. you're an angry eovaldi owner. that one play wasn't the cause of eovaldi crapping the bed. not only that, you're using ZERO logic in your rants. umps are still human. it was very close to the chalk. redmond should have reviewed.

Listen, yes I own him. However I said nothing about that single play being the deciding factor on his overall performance on the night. It sure as hell didn't help matters though. It was still a bad call regardless. And what in Gods name are you talking about ZERO logic?

ok confirmed by the Giants' broadcasters: not a reviewable play.

So I agree, the system is broken :o

Not reviewable for what reason?

No idea. but there are certain things you can review and apparently some you can't. Ball contacting a runner is one of them. How often does it happen? Too bad because I think everything should be reviewable except for balls and strikes. I'm pretty sure after tonight MLB will make some changes and add it to the list shortly.

Andrew Baggarly @CSNBaggs

Reading replay rule: "Balls that first land in front of the set positions of the 1st/3rd base umpire shall not be subject to review."

Lame

No idea. but there are certain things you can review and apparently some you can't. Ball contacting a runner is one of them. How often does it happen? Too bad because I think everything should be reviewable except for balls and strikes. I'm pretty sure after tonight MLB will make some changes and add it to the list shortly.

Reading replay rule: "Balls that first land in front of the set positions of the 1st/3rd base umpire shall not be subject to review."

Lame

Yeah that is bogus. I'm fully aware that certain plays can't be reviewed, but to think that is one of them is kind of surprising to me.

What do you say now MiggyRunsTings? Not surprising that's the case (not reviewable) considering how Redmond reacted to the play as it happened. He was out of the dug out instantly, he knew what he saw. Then he got shot down the chance of review by the system. Funny I just noticed you own Hunter Pence too... So don't you be skewed now either. :P LoL!

Lame

Yeah that is bogus. I'm fully aware that certain plays can't be reviewed, but to think that is one of them is kind of surprising to me.

What do you say now MiggyRunsTings? Not surprising that's the case (not reviewable) considering how Redmond reacted to the play as it happened. He was out of the dug out instantly, he knew what he saw. Then he got shot down the chance of review by the system. Funny I just noticed you own Hunter Pence too... So don't you be skewed now either. :P LoL!

ha OK but neither of us knew that wasn't reviewable at time of your crazy rant. you were blaming the replay system when there wasn't even a replay review called! the UMPS are human and that play was no easy play. Yes it looked like it hit Pence but he was right on the chalk so it looked like it was in foul territory. it should be a reviewable play for sure, but guess what, this sh*t happens in other sports too when replay is introduced. changes are made as they go along.

Archived