NBC Sports Edge Forums

Need trade advice, how much could I get for Ellsbury?

TyKohn

12-team H2H redraft league with standard 5 & 5 categories

C: Y. Molina

1B: C. Davis

2B: M. Carpenter

3B: A. Rendon

SS: J. Segura

OF: J. Ellsbury

OF: S. Marte

OF: J. Werth

UTIL: V. Martinez

UTIL: C. Blackmon

B: J. Lowrie

B: R. Davis

B: E. Bonifacio

DL: A. Ramirez

SP: Z. Greinke

SP: S. Strasburg

RP: R. Soriano

RP: A. Wood

P: M. Cain

P: F. Liriano

P: J. Lackey

P: M. Estrada

B: J. Grilli (DL)

B: M. Latos (DL)

I need a RP but no one will trade one. I'm gonna wait for Grilli and work waivers. I am short on SPs too with Latos on DL still and Wood in the bullpen short-term. I am also weak at HRs as a category.

I have unnecessary depth at OF, particularly speedy small-ball type guys. I am thinking about trading one away for a SP or HR-hitter. Which would you target if you were me or both?

There is a guy with Verlander on the trading block that is a Yankees fan and interested in Ellsbury. If Ellsbury was traded for Verlander, would that be fair and if not who needs to get more out of it?

Another guy has David Price. Same question there.

Thanks and will help in return.

Personally, I'm of the mind that good hitters are harder to find than good pitchers. With that said, I wouldn't trade Ellsbury unless it was for a stud #1 SP...and I don't think Verlander is that anymore.

I'd start with Wainwright or Scherzer, depending on those teams needs.

Thank you for your response. I could maybe lower my sights and see if I can trade one of my other OF for Jeff Samardzija who is on the block as well.

What if I made that trade something like Ellsbury and M. Cain for Verlander and M. Holliday?

I owned Samardzija last year and he SUCKED bad. Plus he's on the Cubs. I wouldn't be looking to buy him.

I also wouldn't trade Ellsbury for Verlander.

If I was you I'd watch the Closer forums on this site and upgrade your RP that way. They'll deliver the news there before any news site.

Hopefully Chris Davis will snap out of it soon for some power for you. Maybe when Latos returns in 3 weeks you can trade Strasburg for some power. Name recognition alone should net you someone valuable. If not maybe target some cheap power like Laroche, Morse, Alvarez or Cuddyer for someone like Cain and/or a combo of a lesser valued player.

I owned Samardzija last year and he SUCKED bad. Plus he's on the Cubs. I wouldn't be looking to buy him.

I also wouldn't trade Ellsbury for Verlander.

If I was you I'd watch the Closer forums on this site and upgrade your RP that way. They'll deliver the news there before any news site.

Hopefully Chris Davis will snap out of it soon for some power for you. Maybe when Latos returns in 3 weeks you can trade Strasburg for some power. Name recognition alone should net you someone valuable. If not maybe target some cheap power like Laroche, Morse, Alvarez or Cuddyer for someone like Cain and/or a combo of a lesser valued player.

Thanks for the reply. I will check the forum for closers out then. I also get emails from this site called Closer Monkey. I have gotten the first whack at RPs before because of it but there hasn't been a clear-cut replacement since I signed up. All committee guys. I might just accept I will always be bad there, hope Grilli and Soriano can make it interesting at least and try to dominate with SPs.

I'd rather not trade Strasburg as I like my rotation once Latos is back. I have 6 OFs and 5 are all good SB/AVG/R guys. So I want to trade one of those 5 for a HR-hitting OF and trade another for a SP eventually. That is the balance I'd like.

yea price and verlander are not elite any more imo price has alot of ks this year but bad era and whip i would try for scherzer over price and verlander

Thanks for the advice. Sadly Scherzer isn't on the block and the owner already rebuffed me for another player so I don't think he has any interest. I think I may be better off keeping Ellsbury and trading like Marte as it doesn't look good for getting those top guys at SP.

I'm seriously afraid to post anything because I think you are going to read it all and get in my head.

How about the trade rape you pulled off on Toy Cannons. David Wright for Tommy Hunter was bad in the first place but now Hunter might have lost his closer job.

dude, give me a break, I am not trying to get into your head...I am just ticked off every player on my team is trying to get hurt...I am surprised Soriano is still going. I got 2 problems, getting an SS for short term, and trying to trade either Wright or Beltre for an elite pitcher. The Trumbo guy has like 5 pitchers who I think are elite and people usually go for a hitter for pitcher trade.

BTW, it sucks we can't change our names here, I could start a new account to remain anonymous but too lazy for that. As for Cannons, he sent me an email basically saying he made an error (find it really hard to believe since u need to press like 3 things to make a trade) Its also suspicious he said this after Hunter's horrid outing. I told him to post a message in the league but he did not want to.

I'm not seriously bothered, just joking. I did see you checked my profile yesterday though lol.

Rusty Trumbo isn't going to trade one, I'd guarantee it. His whole strategy is to dominate the pitching categories and then his offense is all about HRs and RBIs. Dominate 7 categories and you will win consistently.

I'd go after an SP. RP is easy to find on waivers. I'm stoked I woke up early and heard about Zach Britton since he had good numbers all year. Again, you must be feeling awesome about that trade. He'd be a dead roster spot now and you have David Wright instead.

I feel you on injuries. Davis gets back and Ramirez goes right back out. Along with Alex Wood getting moved to the bullpen and Latos and Grilli on DL, I have been screwed with pitching and of course some of my offensive guys slump at the same time so I keep getting my a** kicked.

never been this bad in any fantasy season since I started like 10 years ago. Picking Kernshaw is really backfiring and not just cause of his injury. He really has no backup on my team as far as my other pitchers go. Again very surprising no one is biting on Wright/Beltre. Pops wanted Wright but he has no stud pitcher for him as far as I am concerned. Monk has zero pitchers of interest. Chocolate did not get back to me yet, but its doubtful. The Miz is the most likely candidate, and he has Rollins as a backup SS, but when Zobrist comes back, I will have a quagmire, since Rollins is too good to just drop. Think I will just hold till Monday and get an SS from waivers.

Yeah, that is a little shady if he didn't tell you until after he got injured he messed up. Once you accept it, the site asks you to accept it a second time. So he made that mistake twice back to back? And he doesn't notice he made the mistake until days later? I'd almost guarantee its a lie. He probably realized he gave up a top player for nothing and panicked.

yeah seems shady, but the guy seemed very honest in his email. Even if he was completely legit, I really could not do anything about it other then tell him to explain the situation to the league. He did not, so that situation is resolved.

I know you already made me an offer for Strasburg but I don't feel like my rotation can afford to give him up. I'd have to find someone willing to trade me a top SP for Rendon and/or an OF first. I know Beardy has Verlander on the block but he is so stubborn in terms of only liking Ellsbury, and everyone on here thinks Ellsbury is worth more than Verlander.

If Beltre turns it around he would get me the HRs I need but I have 3 decent 3B options right now with Aramis Ramirez back eventually too. It only makes a big difference if I can replace Strasburg with one of those guys involved. Pops doesn't have any pitchers better than Samardzija or Alex Cobb coming off the DL. He asked for Rendon AND Blackmon for Samardzija not long ago. I need someone better than that, a real #2 SP, but no one takes Rendon serious enough. I'll feel people out but let me know if you have an idea who I could ask.

well like you said yourself its a market, and the 1st trade should always be the highest. Pops offered me 2 mediocre pitchers for Wright and Doolittle...

Archived