NBC Sports Edge Forums

Small window to buy Trout in keeper?

So I know the chances are small, but with his struggles I wonder if I can sneak in. I've lost Bryce, Kipnis, & JoFer to injuries, so willing to "overpay" if it's at all possible.

My squad:

Backdoor Slider

Actives...

1B PGoldschmidt Ari

2B EBonifacio ChC

SS ACabrera Cle

3B TFrazier Cin

OF CGomez Mil

OF BGardner NYY

OF SVictorino Bos

OF HPence SF

OF APollock Ari

C DMesoraco Cin

C WRamos Was

UT KDavis Mil

CI ALind Tor

MI XBogaerts Bos

P TRosenthal StL

P JTeheran Atl

P DFister Was

P MMinor Atl

P TSkaggs LAA

P CHamels Phi

P GRichards LAA

P DKeuchel Hou

P SDoolittle Oak

Reserves...

2B *JKipnis Cle

2B #MBetts Bos

OF *BHarper Was

OF CCrawford LAD

CI CCron LAA

P LHawkins Col

P *JFernandez Mia

Gomez, Rosenthal, & any SP (Teheran, Hamels?).

Enough, or no way? Any thoughts on what it would take?

Leave a link. Always happy to help.

That wouldn't come close for me. Just depends on the owner i reckon. I have him in my keeper and it would be nigh on impossible to get him from me. Goldy plus some more is about the only thing i'd even consider. Maybe Puig and a good bit more. Cutch and a good bit more. Just tough to get around being only 22 and already having two seasons where he was about the very best. But this guy in your league might be getting antsy with this relatively slow start, so who knows. I've seen far less than what you're thinking of offering accepted in trades before. Maybe not for trout, i just mean in general. You never know

I agree that Gomez/Hamels or Teheran is a starting place. I'm not sure throwing in Rosenthal will move the needle too much as his stock is on the low side at the moment and Motte could even reclaim the job if Rosie doesn't figure it out soon. Something tells me that he might counter and want Betts thrown in the deal. Worth a shot though. Good luck!

That wouldn't come close for me. Just depends on the owner i reckon. I have him in my keeper and it would be nigh on impossible to get him from me. Goldy plus some more is about the only thing i'd even consider. Maybe Puig and a good bit more. Cutch and a good bit more. Just tough to get around being only 22 and already having two seasons where he was about the very best. But this guy in your league might be getting antsy with this relatively slow start, so who knows. I've seen far less than what you're thinking of offering accepted in trades before. Maybe not for trout, i just mean in general. You never know

That is definitely it...depends what the owner bites on. If he needs a young pitcher it may work.......heck, maybe try with Harper though I doubt you want to move him.

But I agree....I think you will get a counter.

Anything is worth a shot, but I don't think that's close to enough. And throwing an underperforming RP in the deal doesn't help. Gomez is a solid starting point, with a good SP. But you might need to also add someone else, just not sure who. Not sure how many you keep and what your plans are, but try giving him Kipnis or Harper in the deal if need be.

Archived