NBC Sports Edge Forums

Is it time to drop Cingrani?

(Please read the whole thread carefully before responding. Thanks.)

Cingrani has pitched even more poorly since coming back from the DL, and word is that he may demoted from the rotation once Latos comes back, on account of Simon pitching far better. My rotation is not exactly full of studs, so when a guy like Cingrani throws a stinker, it pretty much dooms me for the week. So question 1 would be do I wait it out or drop Cingrani?

If you would drop Cingrani, who would you replace him with?I could stash Taveras or Polanco. I could add a free agent pitcher such as Hutchinson, who has a two start week this week. Or I could stash a reliever such as Betances, Shaw, Qualls, or McGee.

12-Team, H2H, 5x5, non-keeper

C – Gomes

1B – Freeman

2B – Hill

3B – Longoria

SS – S.Castro

OF (3) – McCutchen, Choo, Cepesdes

Util (1)– Melky

Bench – Hosmer, Rosario (I alternate him with Gomes based on matchups)

SP – Cain, Teheran, Fister, Cingrani, Lynn, Kazmir, Bauer

RP – Cishek, K-Rod, Frieri

Cincy's manager is just trying to scare Cigrani into pitching better. It's obvious if you read the latest roto. I think his spot is safe unless Simon does something exceptional.

idk why people are so down on Bauer after today. yeah, he had a bad start - but he also struck out 8 guys in 4.1 innings which shows control

i'd hold cingrani

idk why people are so down on Bauer after today. yeah, he had a bad start - but he also struck out 8 guys in 4.1 innings which shows control

i'd hold cingrani

Don't know that it does. It shows him being un-effectively wild. If he'd prevailed, he would have been effectively wild. But wild either way.

Personally, I think the league has caught up to Cingrani and his fastball a little bit, and the adjustment period could be a long one. I'd have no issue with someone cutting him for a Betances, who can help your ratios a lot without hurting you in strikeouts much despite being a reliever. Or if you're less concerned about ratios and more with wins and Ks, then I'd drop Cingrani and stream 2-start pitchers (if it's a weekly). But yeah, I think he's OK to drop.

Archived