NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Minor or Kluber?

31 members have voted

1. 1. Minor or Kluber?

• Get Minor
    • Keep Kluber

ATM, Im being offered Minor for my Kluber. It's a close deal, I like Minor a lot,

But Kluber has just been going ham, esp. In a points league. I just can't decide, on my other post, the votes went as, Minor: 3votes, Kluber: 4votes.

Can anyone persuade me to a side? I WHIR, all help appreciated!

mysquad:

C: Molina

1B: Freeman

2B: Utley

3B: Donaldson

SS: Segura

2B/SS: Walker

1B/3B: Morse

OF: Gomez, Jones, Pence, Hunter, Gardner

UT: Rendon

BE:

DL: Trumbo

SP: Wainwright, Bumgarner, Gray, Cobb, Fister, Kluber, Porcello, Ventura*

RP: Kimbrel, Holland

DL: Lee

- H2H Points, 8teams

Total Bases (TB) 1 Walks (BB) 1

Runs Scored ® 1 Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 1 Strikeouts (K) -1

Pitching

Innings Pitched (IP) 3 Earned Runs (ER) -2

Wins (W) 5 Losses (L) -5

Saves (SV) 5 Strikeouts (K) 1

Hits Allowed (H) -1 Walks Issued (BB) -1

I'll take Minor and here's why: Kluber has been phenomenal, no doubt. But Minor is on a team that is going to compete this year. Down the stretch, that means more to pitchers and they tend to outperform those that are playing for lackluster ballclubs. When it's this close, I always take the player that has a realistic shot at competing for a playoff spot.

I already have you my analytical opinion before,but right now Minor and Kluber are not pitching on the same level. It's not like Kluber just started pitching on this level this year. He was really good during the second half of last year. Kluber is pitching better right now than Minor's final numbers from last year. Minor had the shoulder issue this season and has really only had 1 great year which was last year.

As far as the contending team argument goes. Kluber is already 6-3 and his team has given him 5.33 runs per start. Minor is 2-3 and has received 3.33. So that contending team argument doesn't really work here. Plus Cleveland is 9th and runs scored and 7th in obp. Atlanta is 29th and 27th in runs and obp respectively. The Ballparks are even. When you add that to Kluber out performing him and the shoulder concern I would stick with what I have.

I'd stay put. Kluber has been incredible this season - I mean there COULD be upside in Minor by why move Kluber when he's pitching well and his peripherals suggest no worry for regression?

Minor by far.

I haven't been to the bench coach forums at rotoworld in while, and now I remember why.

Hahaha that one got me too. This will be my last comment and I'll keep it simple. I'm just going to list the career ERA FIP, XfIP and Sierra and K-BB% for these two pitchers just in case people are thinking Kluber's sample size this season is too small. Minor: 3.87,3.80,3.86,3.79,14.4% Kluber: 3.97,3.23,3.17,3.24, 17.5%

Hey I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong but I've yet to hear a good argument on why you should make the trade that uses one piece of analytical data. I've looked at the numbers pretty hard and it seems like a lateral move to me with the numbers tilting toward kluber

Minor by far.

I haven't been to the bench coach forums at rotoworld in while, and now I remember why.

Hahaha that one got me too. This will be my last comment and I'll keep it simple. I'm just going to list the career ERA FIP, XfIP and Sierra and K-BB% for these two pitchers just in case people are thinking Kluber's sample size this season is too small. Minor: 3.87,3.80,3.86,3.79,14.4% Kluber: 3.97,3.23,3.17,3.24, 17.5%

Hey I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong but I've yet to hear a good argument on why you should make the trade that uses one piece of analytical data. I've looked at the numbers pretty hard and it seems like a lateral move to me with the numbers tilting toward kluber

Certainly close. But I'll take Minor.

I think I'm going to take the deal. I just have more faith in Minor. He plays on the better team, contending team, NL compared to AL.. Believe he might be more reliable / trusting down the stretch... also to have his injury problem past him, if not already, soon.

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated. More is welcome

Ok I lied my other comment isn't my last. I wouldn't say that either is an ace at least not in fantasy. They are the bets of pitcher's on their teams but not an ace in the context we are talking about.They Both are SP2/SP3's in an 8 team league and SP2's in a 10 team or 12 team league. Kluber has pitched closer to an ace level than minor has so far this season and he was pitching on this same level at times last year.

Archived