NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.P. Crawford - SS PHI

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Late start to the season due to an oblique injury, but starting off with a bang.

4 multi hits games to start the season. 1 hr and 5bb/2k ratio. It's only high A but i'd expect him to be in double A by midseason.

Edited by poopdungbeatle
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the offensive difference between he and Lindor?

In my opinion, Crawford will be the significantly better offensive player. Lindor scores much better defensively and with his arm, but I honestly think that in the offensive categories... Crawford is even or better across the board. The biggest differential is probably in power. I don't think Lindor turns into much more than a 8-10 home run guy, whereas Crawford certainly could go 15-20 or more at peak.

• 2 weeks later...

At 20 years of age, with 16 games at AA, and with the Phillies rebuilding, I see no reason for them to bring him up this year. Might get a taste at AAA by seasons end, start there next year and then June/July callup most likely so they make it past super-2.

At 20 years of age, with 16 games at AA, and with the Phillies rebuilding, I see no reason for them to bring him up this year. Might get a taste at AAA by seasons end, start there next year and then June/July callup most likely so they make it past super-2.

Probably about right.

Keith Law reranked his prospect list today, JP Crawford now at #2 behind Seager.

When Seager gets the inevitable call, sounds like Crawford will be #1.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13112731

That's huge for him.

What kind of stat line possibility are we looking at with crawford in his prime? Top 5 ss?