NBC Sports Edge Forums

J.P. Crawford - SS PHI

3 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

since july 1st he has a wRC+ of 174. that's pretty good, right? especially when compared to the rest of his season. until july 1st he had a wRC+ of 73. or, another way to state this is that from july 1st to now he is 100% better (literally) than he has been the rest of the season.

"heating up" seems like an appropriate phrase used by @cltubbs

I guess it is all a matter of sample size....I firmly believe that if his last name wasn't Crawford he would be a fringe fantasy prospect. Aside from the K/BB rates there is nothing I see that suggests he is an elite or top tier prospect for fantasy baseball. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I guess it is all a matter of sample size....I firmly believe that if his last name wasn't Crawford he would be a fringe fantasy prospect. Aside from the K/BB rates there is nothing I see that suggests he is an elite or top tier prospect for fantasy baseball. 

oh i agree he's definitely not an elite tier fantasy prospect! but, if he can hit 260/340 with maybe 12HR and 12SB, he's a fine MI option in 12+ team leagues. those are probably best case scenarios, and i'm watching his hot streak to see how it goes. a 248 babip seems awfully low this season, but for his career it's only 270, so maybe a little luck regression is in order? not much though..

Edited by osb_tensor
  • 1 month later...