NBC Sports Edge Forums

how long to straight drafts take?

ssmarsh

I'm entering the 9th year of my auction keeper league and was wondering how long straight drafts usually take. We've got the auction down to about 6 and a half hours (including a lunch break). I know it might seem like a long time, but being in volved in every player put up for bid keeps it fresh.

I ask because I'm thinking of joining a few drafts at mockdraftcentral and I want to know how much time I might need to allot.

I'm entering the 9th year of my auction keeper league and was wondering how long straight drafts usually take. We've got the auction down to about 6 and a half hours (including a lunch break). I know it might seem like a long time, but being in volved in every player put up for bid keeps it fresh.

I ask because I'm thinking of joining a few drafts at mockdraftcentral and I want to know how much time I might need to allot.

Usually about an hour. Check the time between picks. I usually set my drafts to 45 seconds between picks. AI teams get ten, I believe.

I'm an auction guy too but we have keepers so our auctions usually last three hours. Just as my buzz kicks in, we finish.

I'm an auction guy too but we have keepers so our auctions usually last three hours. Just as my buzz kicks in, we finish.

How many keepers do you get? We can keep up to 7 and it still takes us 6+ hours.

How many keepers do you get? We can keep up to 7 and it still takes us 6+ hours.

same...maybe his league has fewer teams...cuz our draft takes about 6hrs too including keepers

AL only league. We have a 75 dollar cap, 14 bats, 9 pitchers. We can keep as many as we want provided we have enough money to fill those 23 positions by the end of the draft. Some guys show up with 60 to spend while others only have 15 or so.

Our bench is nine deep and we do a reserve draft at the end. We can keep up to five players on reserves or five dollars.

This year I'll have little to no money unless I make some moves, which I doubt I'll do. Lots of young guys at little to no money.

11 teams

We can keep as many as we want provided we have enough money to fill those 23 positions by the end of the draft.

That explains it. How many players do teams usually keep? Ballpark average?

That explains it. How many players do teams usually keep? Ballpark average?

7 or 8? Not really sure. It depends. We do a face to face draft so it seems to move pretty fast.

7 or 8? Not really sure. It depends. We do a face to face draft so it seems to move pretty fast.

Interesting. Our league is a live draft as well (in my basement) and we've been speeding it up every year, but I think 6 hours is the quickest we could possibly get down to, even with all 10 teams keeping 7 players.

Interesting. Our league is a live draft as well (in my basement) and we've been speeding it up every year, but I think 6 hours is the quickest we could possibly get down to, even with all 10 teams keeping 7 players.

Yikes. We did have one draft that seemed to go on forever but we were at a bar with snacks and stuff so everyone was drinking, smoking, and socializing.

It's not that bad, actually. IMO it's the best day of the season.

I couldn't agree more with you. It's probably my favorite day of the year. Baseball auction and fantasy football draft days.

Archived