NBC Sports Edge Forums

Storm Johnson 2014 outlook

mrfrood

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a big time high school player in Atlanta, originally committed to LSU then chose Miami. Something happened there and he ended up at South Florida; put up good numbers his senior year and catches balls out of the backfield (which is why I dropped Reaves for him). Obviously talented lets see what happens

I thought Denard is getting more involved?

I was just on a Jaguars forum. Fans are calling for more Denard. No mention of Storm. Take it FWIW.

*I know fans don't make team decisions*

They haven't seen the storm yet!

Was a big time high school player in Atlanta, originally committed to LSU then chose Miami. Something happened there and he ended up at South Florida; put up good numbers his senior year and catches balls out of the backfield (which is why I dropped Reaves for him). Obviously talented lets see what happens

Yup. LSU's staff didn't like his meddlesome his dad was and basically told Storm and Dad to kick rocks. I think he attended something like three high schools before attending college. I know he attended at least two.

Dynasty stash only unless Gerhart and/or Robinson gets hurt.

CSB: Storm Johnson randomly started following me on Twitter last week.

Random useless tidbit: if you have Storm Johnson AND Crowell your team name could be STORMCROW

but let us wait and see what happens, shall we rotoworld friends

I know it seems minor, but he actually attended Central Florida (UCF). He was on the team that beat Baylor in that bowl game. UCF has a bit better track record than USF and generally has produced some really good NFL talent.

Storm was one of those guys in college who did everything well. He wasn't as amazing as Murray for instance, but he was one of those guys who was just a good runner. No amazing speed. No ankle breaking moves. Just a guy who seemed to get things done in the end. He'd make a move here or there. He'd have just enough power to run over DB's. He would have just enough speed to get to the edge. He finds the hole and had good vision.

One of those guys who is a true RB. Not sure if it will translate to the NFL but I'd definitely like to see him get some real chances.

I know it seems minor, but he actually attended Central Florida (UCF). He was on the team that beat Baylor in that bowl game. UCF has a bit better track record than USF and generally has produced some really good NFL talent.

This is important because he played with Bortles at UCF. There's some hidden value there if he can get time on the field.

I think denard gets more carries to show what he can do but can't leave this guy on the wire in a dynasty league just based on possibilities in an up and coming O. Opportunity is everything.

I think denard gets more carries to show what he can do but can't leave this guy on the wire in a dynasty league just based on possibilities in an up and coming O. Opportunity is everything.

yeah i agree. Gerhart sucks, i don't think they envision denard as a between the tackles type runner. If Johnson gets a few snaps and does well i think he's on the way to earning the early down work for the rest of the season.

Archived