NBC Sports Edge Forums

Storm Johnson 2014 outlook

mrfrood

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see how the carries were divvied yesterday. I'm not ready to crown Storm as the new lead back for Jax just yet, but it certainly looks like the train is headed in that direction. The bad part about owning him, even if he becomes the Jags' lead back, is that his team will be losing a lot of games and playing catch-up almost every week. Even as their eventual No1 back, there will be a lot of 9-12 carry games.

Storm had 4 carries; Gerhart had 4 carries; Robinson 3 carries.

And you're point is...? I know that sounds rude, but not trying to be. Just not sure what you're trying to get across.

I thought you were asking a question

Interesting to see how the carries were divvied yesterday. I'm not ready to crown Storm as the new lead back for Jax just yet, but it certainly looks like the train is headed in that direction. The bad part about owning him, even if he becomes the Jags' lead back, is that his team will be losing a lot of games and playing catch-up almost every week. Even as their eventual No1 back, there will be a lot of 9-12 carry games.

Storm had 4 carries; Gerhart had 4 carries; Robinson 3 carries.

And you're point is...? I know that sounds rude, but not trying to be. Just not sure what you're trying to get across.

I thought you were asking a question

Ah, gotcha, lol.

Speaking Monday, Jaguars coach Gus Bradley called Storm Johnson's Week 5 running "very impressive."

Johnson's eight snaps were fourth amongst the Jags' running backs, but his 27 rushing yards led the team. Jacksonville went with a four-man committee of Johnson, Toby Gerhart, Jordan Todman and Denard Robinson against the Steelers, but probably doesn't want to repeat that approach going forward. There's a real chance Johnson gets a longer look in Week 6 against the Titans. He's worth a flier in 12-14 team leagues.

I think with the way rb's are dropping that every situation bares watching. I was on storm tracker and its calling for mild showers right now with a 100% chance of thunderstorms. Better get your rain gear on it sounds like its coming.

Unless you're absolutely desperate I wouldn't waste a claim on any Jags RBs. Their O line is a joke and they have a rookie under center. RBBC dumpster fire in JAX....

I think you should "waste" a waver wire pick up on any RB that may take over a backfield even if the offensive line is bad, with that theory people shouldn't have J.Charles, C.Ivory, M. Lynch, A.Ellington, A. Morris, R.Jennings all of the mentioned players are playing on Olines that are ranked worst than JAX in Run Blocking. In no way am I comparing Storm Johnson to any of the above players, but there is that unknown factor of what Storm Johnson can do with a bigger work load.

Another note Storm Johnson played with a mediocre Oline at UCF, he did not get the chance to play behind Elite OLine like in the SEC and BIG 10, so he is use to making his own holes.

Thank you RW forum users. Saw the Storm coming before week 5 began.

And this is why I love the RW forums. Reading pages on obscure players like Storm Johnson and finding these $1 fliers the week before the hype train gets too big is an enormous advantage.

I guess he kind of re-tweaked the ankle that was bothering him but he came back in:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/143764/the-day-after-storm-johnson-jaguars-best-running-back

Pretty telling when the head coach acknowledges that he has the best instincts of all the RB's. They obviously like him enough to throw him out there for a trial run.

Here's hoping he continues to improve in pass pro and grabs this job by the reigns.

Watch the Jags play the Gerhart injury card this week to give Storm the opportunity to play a full game as the primary runner... with Robinson the pass catcher.

Positive quotes like that from a 0-5 coach mean alot...The Jags are looking for any kind of spark to relieve the pressure on Bortles, and keep the Jags D off the field.

Maybe it wasn't Clev run D was that good, but Tenn run D is that bad.

Setting up for a perfect storm...opportunity and schedule.

Watch the Jags play the Gerhart injury card this week to give Storm the opportunity to play a full game as the primary runner... with Robinson the pass catcher.Positive quotes like that from a 0-5 coach mean alot...The Jags are looking for any kind of spark to relieve the pressure on Bortles, and keep the Jags D off the field.Maybe it wasn't Clev run D was that good, but Tenn run D is that bad.Setting up for a perfect storm...opportunity and schedule.I will try to fit him in. And I wont even have to burn a ww pick in Yahoo for him.

You may be onto something. Gerhart sprained his foot. Hopefully the Storm gets more run this week.

Why would they play Storm over Todman or Robinson?

Hmm let's see here, well you got Storm vs. trash and garbage. I think I'll take Storm FTW.
I don't disagree with you but what is going to sway the coaching staff to make this move?

Why would they play Storm over Todman or Robinson?

Hmm let's see here, well you got Storm vs. trash and garbage. I think I'll take Storm FTW.
I don't disagree with you but what is going to sway the coaching staff to make this move?

Being winless?

Archived