NBC Sports Edge Forums

when are the TOUT and LABR drafts?

ssmarsh

Two "expert" leagues which draft closer to the start of the MLB season. TOUT can be found at toutwars.com (although the site is rarely updated) and the LABR one is run by USAToday. Even though the prices aren't usually on par with my league, I like looking at their AL only auction results as a reference.

I think the TOUT Wars draft will be held in March. At least that's what my poor memory tells me. I subscribe to Shandler's site & he had ads casting for a Fantasy Land documentary. The winner of the casting would be invited to participate in the TOUT Wars draft in March ...

I think the TOUT Wars draft will be held in March. At least that's what my poor memory tells me. I subscribe to Shandler's site & he had ads casting for a Fantasy Land documentary. The winner of the casting would be invited to participate in the TOUT Wars draft in March ...

Tout is fri/Sat of Easter weekend Im in MIXED again..Hate it!! Its in NY

LABR will find out today from Devin Clancy,...I wll be in NL only in LABR

Will post when i know Its in Arizona

• 1 month later...
I can't wait to see the poopy team Shandler puts together this year.....wonder if he'll go $19 on Nick Punto again? Or $54 of his budget on Konerko, Luis Castillo and Hillenbrand?

B)

Just asking!

T-Grand-

what Ron does quite a bit of the time is build around an experimental strategy and see how it comes off against solid gamers. Ron never won using the LIMA plan exclusively but he tried the method I think it was 3 consecutive years. My experience with that particular strategy is that it works in Leagues not populated by the industry's best, and like punting can increase your chances at a money finish. Though, not Winning in my shots with it.

A lot of sites/pros enter TOUT and other "Expert" Leagues to use them as an object lesson for their sites. I'm not saying whether that's a right or wrong thing to do but it is fact of the game. Does that give them an automatic excuse when they fail?

Yeah- You bet.

But there you have it. I don't begrudge Shandler's experiments because they are usually more entertaining than others.

Addendum: I didn't follow it last year. But my old partner- an expert gamer- was as flabbergasted as many by Ron's strategy. Anyone remember what the gist of it was? Bob relayed it to me but I was picking lint out of my navel and otherwise engaged.

A much sounder FISCAL strategy is the $30 limit utilized to great effect by Irwin Zwilling and Lenny Melnick.

March 19 is when the Leviathan comes out.

I know it's USAT's name for it, but you may be the only person I've ever seen actually refer to it as the "leviathan".

Archived