NBC Sports Edge Forums

CBS help needed

ssmarsh

Last season was our first with CBS so I'm still getting a handle on the league setup options, etc. One of the owners from last year won’t be back this season and we’ve already found a replacement. What I need to do is link the new owner’s CBS ID with the team being vacated and I’m not sure how to do that. Can I remove the old owner’s ID info and let the new owner enter his info or do I have to delete the team being vacated and add a new team? If anyone has done this before and can give me a little assistance, I’d appreciate it.

Here's what you do:

1. On the site homepage, under the red "Setup" click on "Teams and Owners"

2. At the bottom of that screen, click on "Add multiple owners to teams"

3. Choose the team with the guy who's leaving and change the "1" to a "2" and click OK

4. On the next screen, fill in the name and email address of the new replacement owner.

5. Once the new replacement owner logs into the site and is confirmed, go to Step 1 again.

6. Once on "Teams and Owners" page, click the box to the right to delete the departing owner and click save and continue

7. On the next screen, make sure you choose the option to only remove that owner, not that entire team.

Voila!!

PM me if you need further help. I've been running a CBS site for 5 years now and have never had a problem with multiple owners or deleting owners from the site without screwing it up.

Here's what you do:

1. On the site homepage, under the red "Setup" click on "Teams and Owners"

2. At the bottom of that screen, click on "Add multiple owners to teams"

3. Choose the team with the guy who's leaving and change the "1" to a "2" and click OK

4. On the next screen, fill in the name and email address of the new replacement owner.

5. Once the new replacement owner logs into the site and is confirmed, go to Step 1 again.

6. Once on "Teams and Owners" page, click the box to the right to delete the departing owner and click save and continue

7. On the next screen, make sure you choose the option to only remove that owner, not that entire team.

Voila!!

Our league is a non-keeper league, and I usually delete the outgoing team and put in the new team under those same options. Seems a little less confusing.. If it is a keeper league you propably want to do the above, this sounds like a good way anyways....As for the multiple owners, at the bottome of the teams and owners page there is the red link that says add multiple owners, that should work fine for you, I have never had any problems adding multiple owners in either Baseball or football over the last 3 or 4 years.

Our league is a non-keeper league, and I usually delete the outgoing team and put in the new team under those same options. Seems a little less confusing.. If it is a keeper league you propably want to do the above, this sounds like a good way anyways....As for the multiple owners, at the bottome of the teams and owners page there is the red link that says add multiple owners, that should work fine for you, I have never had any problems adding multiple owners in either Baseball or football over the last 3 or 4 years.

That's less confusing, but I believe deleting a team will affect the history area of the site if you wanted to maintain some documented history of standings, best records/stats and the like.

That's less confusing, but I believe deleting a team will affect the history area of the site if you wanted to maintain some documented history of standings, best records/stats and the like.

No, it doesn't because we still have records in there from previous teams that aren't in the leagues. I never thought about that, but thinking about it, teams are listed in the Records that are no longer in the leagues....Good Point, I never thought about something like that.

No, it doesn't because we still have records in there from previous teams that aren't in the leagues. I never thought about that, but thinking about it, teams are listed in the Records that are no longer in the leagues....Good Point, I never thought about something like that.

Once CBS has loaded up the new season's package, you're usually ok to do it your way. However, if you knew someone was leaving in November and wanted to introduce his replacement to the league early, you're going to have to do it my way or risk removing stats from the history. I've just continued to do it my way since I know with certainty it won't screw things up. Better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned.

Once CBS has loaded up the new season's package, you're usually ok to do it your way. However, if you knew someone was leaving in November and wanted to introduce his replacement to the league early, you're going to have to do it my way or risk removing stats from the history. I've just continued to do it my way since I know with certainty it won't screw things up. Better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah this is true, I have never added anyone until after the new season has started, in this case the 2008 season...but I see your point about adding them in November....I agree with you, once I have done something one way, and it works, I usually stick with it, but I will definately keep your way in mind, for future changes, our baseball league, seems like we change at least one team a year.......by the way love your avator!

Yeah this is true, I have never added anyone until after the new season has started, in this case the 2008 season...but I see your point about adding them in November....I agree with you, once I have done something one way, and it works, I usually stick with it, but I will definately keep your way in mind, for future changes, our baseball league, seems like we change at least one team a year.......by the way love your avator!

Yeah. Save my instructions for future reference this way if you find yourself wanting to add an owner in the off-season before CBS loads up, you'll be ready to go.

As for my avatar, I LOVE IT TOO!!!!

PM me if you need further help. I've been running a CBS site for 5 years now and have never had a problem with multiple owners or deleting owners from the site without screwing it up.

Thanks, I'll do that if I run in to trouble.

Archived