NBC Sports Edge Forums

Moncrief + L.Green for C.Patterson+Mallet

King3D

Rebuilding a dynasty team: .5 ppr. Starting positions are QB, RB(2), WR(3), TE, OP, D/ST.

The team has no QBs basically. Had Manuel and Locker when I took it over and they lost their jobs(Manuel was demoted the same week). The OP slot makes it a 2 QB league if you have the QBs for it.

I would be giving Moncrief and Green and getting Patterson and Mallet. Thoughts?

Here is the rest of my roster(well some of it, the rosters are deep so I won't list all the players).

WR: Julio, Watkins, Hilton,Moncrief, T.Austin, S.Bailey,C.Fuller. Plus a few others

RB: B.Tate, T.West, J-Stew, C.J Anderson( I traded Ball and A.Williams for Hilton+2nd rounder), + more

TE:Green and Cook

QB: Locker and Manuel basically some others, but they'll likely never see the field.

I think it's a good deal. Moncrief for Patterson is basically a push. Moncrief has the much better QB and Wayne is showing signs of really slowing down. Nicks isn't doing much. My only issue with giving Green up is that I'm left with only Cook at TE.

I like the Mallet proposition only because Brady probably doesnt have but 4-5 years of quality play time left and it is only a matter of time before he comes in.

I just don't see Patterson > Moncrief unless he can get to a different team since Norv Turner has yet to figure out 9 weeks already played that he is the best player on that team with AP out and poss gone for good.

Think I'd go it. I'm with you, Moncrief/Patterson is a wash, and Green's future potential doesn't matter now. You NEED a QB, so getting a starter with some talented weapons in Hopkins, Jonhson, and Foster is not a bad gamble IMO.

Thanks for the help on mine.

Think I'd go it. I'm with you, Moncrief/Patterson is a wash, and Green's future potential doesn't matter now. You NEED a QB, so getting a starter with some talented weapons in Hopkins, Jonhson, and Foster is not a bad gamble IMO.

Thanks for the help on mine.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards taking it. Getting a flier QB or 2 now could allow me to take Gurley or someone else with the # 1 pick in next years draft, rather than basically having to take a QB with the pick.

Another option could be asking for Floyd instead of Patterson. Who do you like more long term? I'm going to take the deal, but if everyone thinks Floyd, i'll try to get the two swapped. Both WRs have struggled this season.

I like the Mallet proposition only because Brady probably doesnt have but 4-5 years of quality play time left and it is only a matter of time before he comes in.

I just don't see Patterson > Moncrief unless he can get to a different team since Norv Turner has yet to figure out 9 weeks already played that he is the best player on that team with AP out and poss gone for good.

Scratch my Brady comment. Forgot they traded him! LOL oops.. But still, yes he is a good part of the deal. But I still don't know if you give away Moncrief for Patterson if he stays in Minnesota. They don't utilize him whatsoever

Archived