NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ridiculous Curry offer?

The_Commish

I've been poking around struggling owners, trying to find some 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 trades as I get some guys back off IR. Fired an email off asking if there was a chance of getting Steph Curry without giving up Harden. Trade offer comes through a few minutes later:

His: Steph Curry, Derrick Rose

for

My: Paul Millsap, Markieff Morris, Mike Conley, Ryan Anderson

I love Steph as much as the next guy, but .. that is ambitious, even as an opening salvo. A 4-for-2, all starters/top-70 guys that includes taking back Rose's massive injury issues with no other return?

Is this a non-starter, or do I tinker? Only piece he could really add for me would be like Al Horford (probably too much for him) or Valanciunas (not enough for me), and even then I don't know if I'm giving up the farm here.

Whos on the waiver?

If there is at least one rosterable player on the wire, id do this. Youre still getting a tier 1++ talent and you dont have to give up, im assuming your first two picks, if millsap was third round and conley fourth. Rose would be a headache but you can still flip him for good value when he starts playing.

like the previous post mentioned...who's on waivers? if there are players on the waiver wire that are serviceable and cater to your team's needs then i think you have to consider accepting this. but it's all about determining whether or not there are good enough players on waivers. i'm in a similar situation where i'm looking to trade away 4 players for AD and Jrue Holiday. But there are two guys on waivers that I really think can pay off long term. So that is another thing. Those players on waivers should hold some long term value as well..

Man that's a steep price to pay.

Like everyone has said, depending who is on the waiver then perhaps but also look at who are his two worst players and see if they're better than anyone on the waiver.

If they're rosterable then I would tell him to give them to you in the trade so there is 0% chance that someone picks them up.

Or better yet just tell him to give you the two other guys that HE is plans to drop, not the two worst. Who knows he may end up dropping players that you were expecting.

*I'd also really think about Rose. This whole miss a few games play a few, I'm expecting this to go on all year long. I'm not buying into the idea that he's going to all of a sudden be good and bulldoze his way through the rest of the season or go with the idea that "Ya once he gets healthy next week he'll be ok".

We do two keepers, anyone you took round 3 and below the year before, so Millsap and Conley were indeed my 2/3, though I had Kawhi as a keeper so I've still got a second-round value guy (he'd get Markieff as a 9th rounder next season, by the way).

Bigger concern is the waiver wire. We're at 14-man rosters with 2 IR slots, and this leaves me stretched really thin on sure-thing bigs. I'd be filling in with guys like Mozgov or Brandan Wright, assuming they last to the weekend. Lower tier guys I could ask for would be Jonas/Jabari, he'd be dropping like .. Hinrich/Olynkyk/Shawne Williams/Perry Jones, or something like that.

And yea, Rose as the only other return scares the crap out of me, but I'm pretty risk-averse to begin with. Thanks for the feedback so far guys, very helpful as I was dismissing this outright.

i'd do that trade, in a 10 team league there will be plenty of guys that are valuable to get off the ww during the next 4 months of the season. and to have the flexibility to take fliers on players and not having to drop someone consistent is valuable also... plus a curry 7 harden combo, that will be fun to have

please help

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=493040

Curry can demand a high price because he is that good. When you want the player who is arguably the best player in the NBA, you have to pay a very steep price. Why not throw Harden in if you want Curry? Then you will have to give up less. It is greedy and unreasonable to expect value like Curry, and want to keep your #1, and then complain about ambition when he wants a lot. If you want to buy a top-grade diamond, you will not have much left in the bank. :)

Archived