NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Pettitte To Give Up His Buddy?

LinceArmStrong

I dont closely follow all this steroid news to be honest. So correct me if im wrong, but is it true that Pettitte is set to confirm that Clemens did use steroids at a hearing this Monday? I just heard this on 1050 ESPN radio.

I dont closely follow all this steroid news to be honest. So correct me if im wrong, but is it true that Pettitte is set to confirm that Clemens did use steroids at a hearing this Monday? I just heard this on 1050 ESPN radio.

I think it was McNamee's Lawyers who said it, but yeah the statement was that Andy will say He and Roger talked about HGH in 2001 and 2002

From Rotoworld.

A lawyer for Andy Pettitte's former personal trainer said Tuesday he believes the pitcher will tell Congress he discussed human growth hormone with Roger Clemens between the 2001 and 2002 seasons.

Pettitte's meeting with a congressional committee investigating drug use in baseball was postponed until Monday. He originally was slated to appear for a deposition or transcribed interview Wednesday but the date was changed Tuesday by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

I understand Clemens and Pettitte are buddies, but why should Pettitte commit perjury to try to save him? Most people seem to think that Clemens will be committing perjury once he steps in front of Congress, and if he does that, its his business. Pettitte has his own wife and kids to think about, not to mention all the money in the world (just in case Clemens thought about paying him off), so I dont see any real motivation for him to defend his buddy here.

what a scumb*g of a friend...

That's a really unfair comment. It's one thing to stay quiet on the issue. It's quiet another to commit perjury and face jail time down the line for something as stupid as steroids or HGH use. I expect my friends to stick up for me to, but not when I've backed them into a corner where they potentially face jail time.

Rodger didn't exactly back up Andy here either. When asked about Pettitte, Rodger claimed no knowledge and said he was shocked by Andy's admission of guilt.

andy admitted it - so what else would clemens have said?? nothing positive to back up...he actually made the best comment he could.

That's a really unfair comment. It's one thing to stay quiet on the issue. It's quiet another to commit perjury and face jail time down the line for something as stupid as steroids or HGH use. I expect my friends to stick up for me to, but not when I've backed them into a corner where they potentially face jail time.

like i said, im not well versed in this whole steroid situation. why does pettitte have to say anything about clemens?

like i said, im not well versed in this whole steroid situation. why does pettitte have to say anything about clemens?

Because the government is going to subpoena him. That means he's obligated to speak unless something he says would incriminate him. At that point, he can plead the 5th and try to get a deal. He cannot refuse to answer questions that don't put him in any jeopardy. So, if he knows something, he's going to have to admit to it. Pettitte is also an extremely religious man so he's not going to lie under oath for anyone.

Because the government is going to subpoena him. That means he's obligated to speak unless something he says would incriminate him. At that point, he can plead the 5th and try to get a deal. He cannot refuse to answer questions that don't put him in any jeopardy. So, if he knows something, he's going to have to admit to it. Pettitte is also an extremely religious man so he's not going to lie under oath for anyone.

gotcha - b/c he's already involved by admitting guilt.

Well, we need to wait to see what comes out of this first before we condemn Pettite.

There is a huge difference between saying, "yeah, we talked about HGH" (Who didn't in MLB) and something like "I personally injected my friend Roger in the buttocks."

What Pettite chooses to reveal will be interesting as I'm thinking that he knows more than he is willing to disclose in any scenario. I don't think he is about to go Jason Grimsley on everyone in the Yanks locker room for example.

Well, we need to wait to see what comes out of this first before we condemn Pettite.

There is a huge difference between saying, "yeah, we talked about HGH" (Who didn't in MLB) and something like "I personally injected my friend Roger in the buttocks."

What Pettite chooses to reveal will be interesting as I'm thinking that he knows more than he is willing to disclose in any scenario. I don't think he is about to go Jason Grimsley on everyone in the Yanks locker room for example.

Becareful Czar, Ray might get excited....

Becareful Czar, Ray might get excited....

I think I had him with "What Petitte chooses to reveal..." B)

If you were busted I'd give you up as fast as possible.

Ray, after hearing some of the commentary, I thought that you would welcome a prison stint. :)

Dead on stuff from Zara.

Clemens doesn't seem at all like the Jesus Guy Pettite is supposed to be and that relationship was way overblown. Isn't it funny how all these NYY relationship's become big front page news? Torre and Arod, Arod and Jeter, Clemens and Pettite, blah, blah, blah.

Perjury is a big deal, but it sure seems like you could plead the fifth rather than be a rat.

Or maybe we could just have Jose Canseco tell the truth for everyone.

Perjury is a big deal, but it sure seems like you could plead the fifth rather than be a rat.

Pleading the 5th only works if you're protecting YOURSELF from a crime. You have absolutely zero rights to plead the 5th to avoid ratting on someone else. You have three choices:

1. Tell the truth. Which apparently makes you a rat.

2. Lie and subject yourself to perjury charges down the road.

3. Plead the 5th which would simply result in contempt and possibly obstruction of justice charges.

Pettitte will choose Option 1.

This all leads to my next conclusion. Clemens never had implicit conversations with Pettitte on this issue. Clemens has been adamant about his innocence. He'll be subject to perjury charges if he testifies and evidence comes forth showing he's guilty. He knows Pettitte personally so he knows Andy's a religious man who would most likely never lie under oath, especially to protect someone else. Therefore, it seems to me that Clemens is pretty secure in the fact that his conversations with Pettitte were general innocuous statements. Pettitte might have asked Roger how he does it. Roger's response was, talk to McNamee. Or McNamee's training techniques are second to none for recuperative abilities. In other words, wink wink to Pettitte but never using the magic words of steroids or HGH.

guys guys guys

1. nobody knows who is telling the truth everyone thinks Clemens is lieing because he was implicated by someone who had no reason to lie. Well the fact is he didn't have to lie about clemens to get even with clemens or anything like that because clemens treated the guy well, but not from my own experience but from a friends experience when you break the law if you want to get out of it you better give up someone they want to nail more then you. Pettite's name was nice and all, but ROGER CLEMENS that is like a get out of jail free card. I think the guy is lieing personally for this reason alone.

As for Clemens he isn't telling the whole truth either. Because one of the shots not the b-12 the other thing lidikane or whatever is a numming agent used for pain so unless torre patted him too hard on the butt there is no reason to take a shot in the butt for shoulder pain. I think the trained assumed Clemens was doing something he shouldn't be and just happened to get lucky and be right. What exactly clemens was taking is yet to be determined but i guarantee it was not legal maybe it was an illegal painkiller who knows.

just thought someone with some extra info should clear some things up

Did you inject Yawkee in the buttocks Ray?

oh my. B)

No comment :)

Oh My God !!! Too much info and definitely something I didnt want to see. Shattered images now of our 2 SSD commisioners. I would never believed it if it werent for MustacheToes reply. Things that make you go hmmmm !!!

Im hoping to see a reply from Yawk to defend MustacheToe's hopefully false allegations.

WHOA! Hold on! I see assumptions with no knowledge. pettite to give up clemens, maybe?

However lets look at the "real deal"

1. HGH, is NOT a steroid. HGH is testosterone. HGH is prescribed by doctors to thousands of males every single day.

It is known, that testosterone is a "huge" ingredient for muscle development. However, HGH will not grow you, like a

chia pet over nite. You must workout, & put forth effort. HGH (testosterone) is a natural substance in the human

body, along with estrogen. Estrogen destroys testosterone in males. Therefore HGH (testosterone) increases, can

eliminate estrogen. Is it effective? Yes, most certainly! Is it a "steroid"? Absolutely not!

Did you know that you can go to your supplement store such as GNC, super supplements, & pick up testosterone

boosters? It is completely legal! It is basically HGH in a bottle. You can buy it for bout 40 bux & it is recommended,

by physicians, everywhere, if you have low energy, low libido, low sex drive, few others!

Did you know that when you workout, you naturally increase your testosteronce levels?

Did you also know, that you increase your entire metabolism for 24 hours?

The reason this is becoming"big" story! Is because they are direct testosterone shots, & the body did not produce it

naturally. However, if you go buy a testosterone booster, which makes your body make it on its own & in "large"

amounts? Then it is legal? Makes NO sense, it is actually hypocritical.

2. What are you gonna do?

Ban testosterone boosters?

Ban creatine?

Ban arginine?

Ban luecine?

Ban protein?

Ban glutamine?

Ban Tyrosine?

FYI, these are all in your everyday food that you eat! You, cannot escape it! It is there every single one of you has

consumed it! Every single one of you, has consumed amounts, that have showed up on a piss test, even your own

testosterone. If i workout, I have elevated amounts of testosterone, that will show up on a piss test!

If I take a test booster, it will show up on a piss test.

So what are you gonna do? Arrest me, & search my home for steroids, or needles? Sorry homie, you wont find it.

HGH is nothing & this garbage &s destroying baseball. Go after the people that are taking horse hormones!!

Exactly. Of course every athlete has talked about every substance, but in what context? I don't like to speculate, so I'll just wait until Pettitte actually makes a comment.

WHOA! Hold on! I see assumptions with no knowledge. pettite to give up clemens, maybe?

However lets look at the "real deal"

1. HGH, is NOT a steroid. HGH is testosterone. HGH is prescribed by doctors to thousands of males every single day.

It is known, that testosterone is a "huge" ingredient for muscle development. However, HGH will not grow you, like a

chia pet over nite. You must workout, & put forth effort. HGH (testosterone) is a natural substance in the human

body, along with estrogen.

That's actually not true at all. It stands for Human GROWTH Hormone. HGH is the hormone in your body most responsible for cellular growth and reproduction. It is produced & secreted during sleep cycles and is produced more during your youth and less as you age. Knowing that basic information, you can easily understand how/why:

• HGH is responsible for kids' growing
  • Kids need more sleep than adults
  • Why HGH is popularly used as an "anti-aging" regimen

When produced naturally, HGH is directed to those cells that "need" growth and reproduction. Innately, your body knows which bones need to grow and which muscles need to grow, etc. and when they need to grow. HGH, however, when taken synthetically, is randomly distributed to all cells in your body...hence the large cranium Bonds, Giambi, etc. or the large abdomens of bodybuilders (their internal organs have grown) But, the biggest effect of HGH as it relates to athletic enhancement, is that - while increasing the size of all organs, bones, etc. it also greatly effects the size of your muscles. It helps them grow. It helps them repair when injured, it heals them, etc.

The "best" thing about HGH for athletes, when compared to anabolic steroids, is that they also don't have to be "cycled". You can continue to take it for as long you want. So, where steroids give you peaks and valleys of muscle growth, HGH gives you continued muscle growth.

Also, many will tell you there are no side effects to taking HGH, as opposed to steroids, because, unlike steroids, HGH is a natural protein. (personally, I disagree with this...and so does Giambi's pituitary tumor).

In short, HGH and steroids produce the same result...muscle growth. Because you don't have to cycle it, because its virtually undectable, and because it causes less side effects, it is most definitely the performance-enhancer of choice for most athletes. I'd also argue that it has a much, much greater effect on muscle healing and repair than do anabolic steroids as well.

@ZARA: duh! HGH is testosterone! Testosterone is THE human growth hormone! NO, it will not grow you over nite, into a "beast" sorry! Wont happen. To completely maximize the results, you must workout, period.

Otherwise taking testosterone, & not working out, you will not grow nearly as much, sorry it just wont happen, you have to induce muscle trama in order for them to grow, meaning tearing the muscle fibers down, letting them create scar tissue & then tearing them again, it is a viscious cycle!

Yes of course MOST of the growing happens at nite! Thats because, your body heals & re-cooperates!

If you are taking testosterone, then it is prescribed that you take it nite, due to the body process of healing.

If you take testosterone, before workout, your pissing it away!

If you take it at nite, then you are allowing the testosterone to do its job, & it can also get rid of the estrogen!

Anti-Aromatose! Therefore HGH is NOT a steroid! It should not have been banned from baseball, but rather watched, due to long term use can be harmful on the liver.

By blocking the estrogen out is major reason why muscle's are able to grow even bigger. If you block out estrogen, you need something to take its place, which is testosterone, or HGH, they are the same exact thing!

Go buy a testosterone booster from GNC, & take them as prescribed at nite, & tell me how you feel!

Do it for 30 days & workout, & let me know, then how you feel!

Yes this will make you stronger, & bigger, alot quicker then your body's natural process!

But so will

creatine

glutamine

tyrosine

luecine

KIC acid even will harden your muscles!

Alot of the above mentioned supplements have KIC acid in them!

Archived