NBC Sports Edge Forums

2015 Bounceback Candidates

mrfrood

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keenan Allen, Jimmy Graham, Sammy Watkins

What exactly is Watkins bouncing back from?

Being injured right at the time he was a solid WR1 and sliding out of relevance ever since.

Thats not bouncing back. That would be building on a solid rookie season.

Being injured right at the time he was a solid WR1 and sliding out of relevance ever since.

Thats not bouncing back. That would be building on a solid rookie season.

I get what he's saying though. He will definitely be rated under Alshon, Evans and ODB (who may be above this tier) but he feels that he will produce like them next year. I may or may not agree but I get it

He was never a solid WR1.

Look at his numbers right before Buffalo's week 9 bye...he was a WR1 in PPR.

In the first half of the year (1-8) Watkins averaged 15.8 Points per game.

In the second half of the year (9-15) Watkins averaged 7.8 Points per game.

If you don't understand what there is to bounce back from, then... no one can help you.

From week 2 through 8 (7 games) he averaged 9 targets, 6 receptions, 80 yards, .7TDs and 17.2 fantasy points per game.

Golden Tate is at 17.2 per game, or the 10th best WR of the year.

Julian Edelman is at 15.9 per game, or the 12th best WR of the year.

If you don't understand what there is to bounce back from, then... no one can help you.

From week 2 through 8 (7 games) he averaged 9 targets, 6 receptions, 80 yards, .7TDs and 17.2 fantasy points per game.

Every player is up and down during a year. To bounce back you actually have to have a solid top 20 season under your belt.

Every player is up and down during a year. To bounce back you actually have to have a solid top 20 season under your belt.

Well we differ there. Because a player who was considered BY FAR the best WR in this draft class is now a distant 3rd behind OBJ and Evans. That qualifies for bounceback status IMO.

I'm sorry Webster, I must have missed that qualifier in your latest edition.

In this regard, to bounce back is simply to return to a previous form. That guy believes Sammy Watkins can/will return to his early season level of fantasy production for 2015.

It's really not that complicated, nor is it even worth debating.

Let's move on shall we.

I'm sorry Webster, I must have missed that qualifier in your latest edition.

In this regard, to bounce back is simply to return to a previous form. That guy believes Sammy Watkins can/will return to his early season level of fantasy production for 2015.

It's really not that complicated, nor is it even worth debating.

Let's move on shall we.

He had 3 big games in his first 8. By your logic Kenny stills who had back to back 100 yd games is a bounce back candidate. Once again you have to of done something to be considered a bounce back candidate. Watkins has done nothing in the NFL.

Ryan Mathews. Woodhead had a pretty catastrophic injury last year, Donald Brown has been totally ineffective.

He also stays healthy every other year:

ecdc197cdb7428b688c7d5f1a48ea39e.png

How in the world is your team 11-0?

I like Shane Vereen to return to last years projected production in a PPR league. I know he was a monster in his limited playing time last year in a PPR league and his production projected out to top 10 in a PPR league last year. This goes with the assumption that he does not re-sign with NE and instead goes to a team, such as the Colts.

I can see Johnny Manziel being humbled (if possible) by his embarrassing debut performance and working hard to come back strong next year. He really has the best situation of any rookie QB with Gordon, Hawkins, Cameron and a solid running back committee. If he gets serious and develops some chemistry with those guys he could potentially bounce back.

Not a QB1 but I could see him putting up big fantasy numbers against crappy defenses. Could be a solid backup if you don't end up with Peyton/Luck/Rodgers/Brady as your QB.

Archived