NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Enough for Harden?

The back-end of my roster has me horrified as I angle for a playoff run, and Harden is my only real bullet for getting back multiple impact players. I'm definitely not a championship caliber squad as is, and the last few worthwhile names have been snapped off the wire. Starting to entertain the idea of shopping Harden for a big payoff with the teams who are out of contention.

Last place squad is looking for keepers, and among others I have Markieff Morris for a 9th next season. Was thinking about:

Harden, Markieff for

Cousins, Korver, Dragic

Just want to see how that strikes folks; too much, too little, don't be insane, etc.

How many keepers in your league? How many make playoffs, where are you in the standings?

I have a hard time objectively analyzing a trade involving DMC, so I won't give you an opinion. I definitely get what you're trying to do here. I just look at your overall depth at center, and trading Morris as part of this package is what concerns me. I think you have to re-configurate the deal to keep Markieff at that ridiculous keeper price...he's for real, and I'd consider giving up Millsap before him. That may not interest the last place owner in need of keepers, but it's probably a decent bet he'll go for it.

Two keepers per team, only guys from rounds 4-14, cost you 2 rounds higher than where you took them. 6 out 10 team make the playoffs, I'm in 5th amongst a cluster of tightly packed squads around the bubble, only 2 or 3 teams really out of contention.

Markieff's a genuine player for sure, and I've gone back and worth between moving him and Millsap in deals. But I still have Kawhi next season for an 8th, and Dieng for a 12th as well, so there'd be a tough decision to make either way for that last keeper spot. Picking up what you're putting down, though.

It's hardly going to put you over the top in making the playoffs, too. Harden is a big player to deal, but the fact he's not a keeper under your league rules means Markieff is really your best value as an asset. I'm not a fan of trading the best value of my keeper squad for a shot at the playoffs.

Archived