NBC Sports Edge Forums

Beal/Gay for Millsap/Hayward?

Ragnaroker

14 team keeper league where we keep 8 year to year. I just completed the following trade

I gave: Bradley Beal, Rudy Gay, 2nd Round Pick

I got: Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward

I hate to move Beal in a keeper league but I feel the return I got is huge. The draft pick is a 2nd rounder after 14 teams select 8 keepers so it would be approximately after the top 140 players have been selected. Here is the rest of my squad before the trade

PG: Derrick Rose, Isaiah Thomas (PG/SG), Ronnie Price (PG/SG)
SG: Bradley Beal, Trevor Ariza (SG/SF)
SF: Draymond Green (SF/PF),Nikola Mirotic (SF/PF), Andrew Wiggins (SG/SF)
PF: Anthony Davis (PF/C), Ryan Anderson (PF/C), Rudy Gay (SF/PF)
C: Joakim Noah (PF/C), Larry Sanders (PF/C), Enes Kanter (PF/C)
What do you guys think? Did I win? Did I lose?
Leave your links!

I think you made a good move here. Hayward can fill it up much better than Beal, doesn't have the injury history, and it more of a focus on his team that Beal is. I'm not a huge Rudy fan, so I think the Millsap switch is a good one too. Good work.

Thanks for the help on mine.

It's a wash of a trade in value but I like it for you. As an owner of both Hayward & Millsap on one of my teams I can confidentially say that you are going to enjoy owning them. They both produce across the board. Beal and Gay are great scorers but don't exactly excel in much else.

I've never done a keeper league, let alone trade draft picks, so maybe I'm undervaluing that aspect a bit.

But the way I see it its a big win.

I think now and down the line Millsap > Gay, and Hayward > Beal

Giving up a pick next year to have these guys as keepers for as long as you want. Sign me up.

Eh, I like the trade even for standard (let alone a keeper). Millsap's the best player there, and Hayward is only slightly less value than Gay. I'm not thrilled at Beal this season and if you don't need the pick (e.g. you have a solid team), it's a good move.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=504467

Archived