NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Michael Pineda 2015 Outlook

MiggyRunsTings

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Girardi said "Let us remove Pineda in our own timing, so as to prevent him from recording a quality start by a single out. And it was so. Thus the frustration of the first day was completed. And Girardi looked, and saw that it was vexing to fantasy owners, and smiled."

Then Girardi said "Let us remove Pineda in our own timing, so as to prevent him from recording a quality start by a single out. And it was so. Thus the frustration of the first day was completed. And Girardi looked, and saw that it was vexing to fantasy owners, and smiled."

this was great.

but seriously tho, these 5.2 IP outings are maddening.

Local here, happened to watch the game today..

The ump squeezed him a few times, but honestly I don't think it played a huge role in the outcome of this start.

Honestly, I believe at least two of the times he got squeezed, he actually came back to K the guy later in the at-bat.

What I saw today was a pitcher who pounded the strike zone, consistently got ahead of hitters, but struggled to put them away.

I can't say that I've watched him a ton before this start, but Smyly looked a whole lot better "stuff wise".. He would consistently get ahead 0-2, 1-2 and fall in to 2-2, 3-2 counts with guys just fouling or laying off the pitches he tried to put them away with.

He had something off-speed that looked effective at times, but I don't feel as though it was used nearly enough.. Why? I'm not sure, but he mostly seemed to really on fastballs to put guys away and they'd foul it off and eventually get a hit or just work the count up.

I just didn't see anything "filthy" that made me confident that he's going to truly take the next step to be dominant.

Again, I'd love for someone else to comment who's watch him consistently and know's better of what he might be capable of.. Today's start was solid, but it honestly didn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in someone who's looking for him to dominate even more in the very near future.

Just my two cents.

^^ didn't see this start, but just look at the guys K/BB rate. in 31.3 IP this season he has 32/2 K/BB for a rate of 16 K/BB. that is nothing short of absurd, of the video game variety. he doesn't have a blazing heater anymore, but everything he throws has movement. he still managed 5 K today in 5.2 IP. i don't think anyone was expecting top 10 type of pitcher but it wouldn't shock me, but probably more like a top 20 or 25 SP seems realistic at seasons end, which is definitely Ace status.

this was great.

but seriously tho, these 5.2 IP outings are maddening.

Thus is why quality starts is an awful category. So 5 2/3 2 ER gets you nothing, but 6 ip and 3 ER gets you QS. lol

I also am local and watched game....he did not have his A stuff, but he was still pretty good..he just didnt have his put away stuff today which is why he went 5.2 instead of 6.2 or 7.

And yes the ump did squeeze him at times, but I dont think it affected the outcome

Start. No Bautista, No Reyes.

Not a scary lineup

1. Devon Travis ® 2B
5. Justin Smoak (S) 1B
6. Kevin Pillar ® CF
8. Ryan Goins (L) SS
I'd be surprised if he doesn't, at least, get a quality start.

Not a scary lineup

1. Devon Travis ® 2B
5. Justin Smoak (S) 1B
6. Kevin Pillar ® CF
8. Ryan Goins (L) SS

Still a very scary lineup.

But I'm still starting him.

Not a scary lineup

1. Devon Travis ® 2B
5. Justin Smoak (S) 1B
6. Kevin Pillar ® CF
8. Ryan Goins (L) SS

Still a very scary lineup.

But I'm still starting him.

3 scary names don't make a scary lineup really. he gets through 1-4 and putter in cruise control!

ooooo lucky. EE missed a bomb by like 10 feet with 2 on base. phew

Yeah I thought that was for sure gone. Never seen EE square up on a ball that well and have it not go out.

B.O.S.S.

did not think he would go out for the 8th. This is against a very good lineup too. Stay healthy big boi.

tonights Jays line up wasn't "very good" Martin 3rd and nothing good below EE

Archived