NBC Sports EDGE Forums

$500 H2H AUCTION KEEPER LEAGUE! Need 1-2 owners

Are you tired of poorly ran fantasy leagues? Look no further, I have finally decided to branch off of our fantastic league and run my own sister league.

This will be a $500, H2H, auction keeper points league on ESPN. I have always played in higher stakes for 2 reasons.

1. Justifying the hard work put into managing a fantasy team for 6 months of the baseball season.

2. The higher stakes will always weed out the owners who like to quit/stop checking lineups/ruin the league. Generally if your investing $500, you take pride in your investment.

I am in another league that has been around for 10 years. This league is VERY well ran by a Division I college baseball coach. Both he and myself have spent years perfecting the scoring/rules/ect. to ensure the best players are scoring the most points.

This league will be very similar to his, but as a new league, I am a man of the people and am always open to suggestions/input. This will be OUR league for years to come.

If you are interested, email me at TierOneFantasy@gmail.com

Leaguesafe will insure the league’s money.

LEAGUE RULES

Auction Draft: $275 Budget, 27 roster spots.

Lineups: Daily

Pitcher starts: 9 max (pitcher) starts per week.

Acquisitions/moves: 60 per season

Keepers

A maximum of 6 keepers will be allowed the following season.
Year 1, Year 2, Year 3.

Year 1: Total salary

Year 2: Total salary

Year 3: Option A: Sign player to a 3 year contract at a $5 increase of salary each season. If this player is released any time during his contract, you will still be responsible for paying the remainder of his contract.

Option B: Sign player to 1 year contract at $5 increase of salary. After season player goes back into draft pool.

Free Agent/Waiver keepers will inherit a league minimum keeper salary of $7. The draft matters!

Free Agents & Waivers

Free Agents: Players areavailable to pick up anytime within the 60 acquisitons limit. Example: If Team 1's starter gets scratched on Sunday and he is in need of 1 more start for the week, he can pick up any available pitcher that is a Free Agent to make his final start.

Waivers: Waivers are reserved for dropped players and new players added to the ESPN database. Every time a player is dropped, a 2 day Waiver period will go into effect. A $50 budget will be allowed for bidding on waivers.
Baseball is a much different animal than football. Baseball is constant every day. Players take days off, get injured, scratched starts, ect. You need the ability to pick up a player NOW and insert him into your lineup if you choose, whereas football is once a week and you have plenty of time during the week to make changes. This is why Free Agents are an open market and allowed to be picked up anytime.

Trade Deadline – The trade deadline will be sometime in early August . Date is TBD

Deadline Trading- (Dump Trading)- This one is tricky and if you’ve played in a keeper/dynasty league, you know this easily causes the most tension and commotion. Player A’s team is out of the playoff race and wants to rebuild with some “cheap keepers/future talent” for next year. Player B wants to make a run at it all, so player A trades his high priced talent to player B for his cheap players/keepers that could have a bigger impact in the future.
Essentially it is a good deal for both teams, but I will try and monitor this the best I can to make sure things don’t get out of hand.

No transactions allowed after the regular season for non playoff teams. Playoff teams are not allowed to keep any player picked up during the playoffs in the offseason.

Playoffs- Top 4 teams make the playoffs. Each round will run 2 weeks long- (18 starts max) This is a competitive league with a grueling regular season. Having 6-8 playoff teams (out of 14) is for the i9 youth leagues. I can award participation medals for non-playoff teams If your feeling left out.

All Star Week

During all-star week, after their time off, teams generally start up again in the middle of the week. An extended week will be appropriate. A few added starts will be determined and announced prior to that week.

BENCH - You can use your 10 bench spots however you see fit, for position players or pitchers.

Payouts-

Regular Season

1st: $1,850
2nd $1,300
3rd $700
4th $250

Total Points 1st half: $250 (weeks 1-11)
Total Points 2nd half $250 (weeks 12-21)
Total points winner on regular season $500

Playoffs

1st $1,200
2nd $700

100% payout, $7,000 total.

I understand we have 14 different owners and different views on what should be rewarded where, so this is the payout system I like and will stick with giving something for all the deserving teams.

I’ll just say it, I am not a fan of fantasy playoffs. I refer to them as the “dog days tournament” and believe less emphasis should be taken on September baseball when it comes to fantasy. With that said, they are a fun part of leagues and will be rewarded to a degree.

For those of you that believe total points should be rewarded, you have a chance to with $1,000 plus your final standings payout. (Ex. You win all total points and finish 3rd, you win $1,700. Typcially a total points winner finishes 1st or 2nd.)

For those of you that believe beating your opponent and consistently winning your weekly matchups during the grind of the regular season is important, you are also being rewarded based on your final standings. Personally I believe this is the most important just like in real life sports. Some teams win 2-1, some win 7-6. I truly believe weekly matchups can turn into a chess match, and a lot of times the better owner will win.

For those of you who enjoy limping into the playoffs after getting kicked to the curb by Ithe top teams all season, only to get hot for a couple weeks during the dog days, you are also rewarded for the dog days tournament championship games, aka Fantasy Playoffs.

3rd place games are not played in any major competitive playoff sport, and will not be played in the 500 Club. Playoffs are reserved for the top 4 teams to determine a champion.

NOTE----MINOR LEAGUES (MILB)

2 Minor Leaguers in your minor league system. You will be allowed to draft any MILB player available in the espn database on draft night. After the draft, I will hold a 2 round minor league snake draft (random order, ill draft last) for all/any minor league players. You have the rights to them for 3 years tax free. Once they are promoted to the MLB, they lose minor league eligibility and are only retained by selecting them as a keeper. All minor leaguers will acquire their draft salary or an arbitrary salary of $13

If you happen to draft a minor leaguer on draft night, you can either keep him on your active roster and draft 2 more players, or send him to your farm system and draft 1 minor leaguer.

Singles (1B) 1 Doubles (2B) 2 Triples (3B) 3 Home Runs (HR) 4 Walks (BB) 1 Runs Scored ® 1 Runs Batted In (RBI) 1 Stolen Bases (SB) 2 Strikeouts (K) -1 Intentional Walks (IBB) 1 Hit by Pitch (HBP) 1 Caught Stealing (CS) -1 Pitching Innings Pitched (IP) 1.5 Earned Runs (ER) -1 Wins (W) 5 Losses (L) -5 Saves (SV) 5 Blown Saves (BS) -5 Strikeouts (K) 1 Shutouts (SO) 5 No Hitters (NH)

Pretty standard lineups and rosters. I try to keep it as realistic to actual baseball as possible without all the extra MI and CI positions. Not a fan of leagues that try and add a bunch of extra junk.
ESPN is the site.
POSITION STARTERS MAXIMUM Catcher © 1 No Limit First Base (1B) 1 No Limit Second Base (2B) 1 No Limit Third Base (3B) 1 No LimitShortstop (SS) 1 No Limit Left Field (LF) 0 No Limit Center Field (CF) 0 No Limit Right Field (RF) 0 No Limit Outfield (OF) 3 N/A Designated Hitter (DH) 0 No Limit Utility (UTIL) 1 N/A Starting Pitcher (SP) 5 No Limit Relief Pitcher (RP) 3 No Limit Bench (BE) 10 N/A Disabled List (DL) 2N/A

Archived