NBC Sports EDGE Forums

ESPN Special: Congressional hearing

Wizard of Boz

Hey guys Im not sure if any of you guys are gonna watch this. I know I am dying to see this Congressional hearing and what goes down. Who is caught lying and how they will put Clemens on the spot. This should be very interesting and cant wait. As a huge baseball fan and a Clemens fan Im extremely interested in this as Im sure most baseball fans are. Catch you all at 9:30am..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY CRAP!!!!

The building the testimony is supposed to take place in has been evacuated because a suspicious bag has been found. I kid you not!!

Guess they cleared the package since people are filing back into the building. Whew!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

The building the testimony is supposed to take place in has been evacuated because a suspicious bag has been found. I kid you not!!

Guess they cleared the package since people are filing back into the building. Whew!

Seriously bro? Because its starting at 10 now.... This will be insane..

So far Clemens keeps saying that Pettitte misheard him and that Andy doesnt remember correctly.

He also said that Andy was visibly nervous when the original stuff about Grimsley came out and Andy said what are we gonna tell them.

Its getting funny already. Clemens keeps saying I think Andy misremembers. Clemens needs to stop lying and tell the truth.

This is and will forever be he said he said. This is a complete waste of tax payer money. McNamee has no records. Didn't estimate how many times he injected him correctly. Roger basically calling Pettitte a dope for not understanding a simple conversation.

This is and will forever be he said he said. This is a complete waste of tax payer money. McNamee has no records. Didn't estimate how many times he injected him correctly. Roger basically calling Pettitte a dope for not understanding a simple conversation.

Both sides are lying. Both sides are shady. Both sides are deplorable. Both sides are in big trouble.

Cnn.com live feed on in the background during work..making the day fly by quicker at least

yeah im with you, this is very interesting. i found it very out of line how that one guy going wild on macnamme. pettites comments really shed a lot of doubt on clemens story

yeah im with you, this is very interesting. i found it very out of line how that one guy going wild on macnamme. pettites comments really shed a lot of doubt on clemens story

I believe it's fair to say that A LOT of doubt falls on both sides. Neither side looks credible.

I believe it's fair to say that A LOT of doubt falls on both sides. Neither side looks credible.

i agree put what pettite has said really is what matters most to me, it seems like he has confirmed things involving clemens and steriods. and i see no reason why he would lie , if he didnt remember 100% he would have said so, however he did say he was positive on his answers

i agree put what pettite has said really is what matters most to me, it seems like he has confirmed things involving clemens and steriods. and i see no reason why he would lie , if he didnt remember 100% he would have said so, however he did say he was positive on his answers

There is not a single credible person involved in this whole dog and pony show. Pettitte said he only took it twice in 2002. Now suddenly he used once in 2004. There were a number of inconsistencies in his testimony. McNamee comes off looking bad in many places. Clemens looked foolish with some explanations. EVERYONE has lied in this thing. The end result though is, Clemens used.

Not only is it Pettite but they also has quotes from Pettitte's wife remembering conversations about HGH. That really kills CLemens in my book. The Pettitte family is a neutral party in this whole situation. They have nothing to lose or gain.

Clemens is turning into Pete Rose. He continues to deny no matter what the evidence may be.

If Clemens would have just admitted this and asked for forgiveness this thing woudl never have gotten to this point and Clemens would have been forgiven.

I dont think this hearing is going to change anyones mind. If you think Clemens did it this hearing is not going to change your mind.

What makes Pettite more credible than Clemens? I dont know or care what Clemens did. What I do know is that 1 injection of HGH or steroids will do nothing to help your body. HGH and steroids both need to be taken in cycles to get any use of them. So why didnt these players take them for the proper cycles?

Archived