NBC Sports Edge Forums

ESPN Special: Congressional hearing

Wizard of Boz

There is not a single credible person involved in this whole dog and pony show. Pettitte said he only took it twice in 2002. Now suddenly he used once in 2004. There were a number of inconsistencies in his testimony. McNamee comes off looking bad in many places. Clemens looked foolish with some explanations. EVERYONE has lied in this thing. The end result though is, Clemens used.

Pettitte said that Mcnamee injected him in 2002. In 2004 he did it by himself and no one had any knowledge of it. He never spoke of it to anyone outside his family.

There is no evidence nor did anyone call out Pettitte about 2004. He simply put it out there to lay all his cards on the table. He didnt have to say anything about it but he did.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pettitte said that Mcnamee injected him in 2002. In 2004 he did it by himself and no one had any knowledge of it. He never spoke of it to anyone outside his family.

There is no evidence nor did anyone call out Pettitte about 2004. He simply put it out there to lay all his cards on the table. He didnt have to say anything about it but he did.

Pettitte's first claim was I only used HGH twice, in 2002. So, he lied. Suddenly he now has his Dad getting him the drug? And you're so gullible to believe that it was only once now? Why do you now believe a liar? Pettitte is liar. McNamee is a liar. Clemens is a liar. End result is, while McNamee is a scumbag, he's probably the most honest one there and there's zero doubt Clemens used PEDs.

What makes Pettite more credible than Clemens? I dont know or care what Clemens did. What I do know is that 1 injection of HGH or steroids will do nothing to help your body. HGH and steroids both need to be taken in cycles to get any use of them. So why didnt these players take them for the proper cycles?

Its not that Pettitte is more credible than Clemens its why would Pettitte lie about Clemens. Clemens opened by saying that he and Andy were friends before and will be friends after this. I wouldnt want to be friends with someone who says that I lied.

McNamee said today I believe that Knoblauch was doing HGH and those cycles invovled 4 injections a week.

Pettitte's first claim was I only used HGH twice, in 2002. So, he lied. Suddenly he now has his Dad getting him the drug? And you're so gullible to believe that it was only once now? Why do you now believe a liar? Pettitte is liar. McNamee is a liar. Clemens is a liar. End result is, while McNamee is a scumbag, he's probably the most honest one there and there's zero doubt Clemens used PEDs.

I believe that Pettitte probably did more stuff than that on more occasions. I understand why Pettitte said what he did in teh beginning because he was asked about Mcnamee specifically so he kept his answer to Mcnamee and those times. No reason to give up more infor than is asked for. Pettitte probably didnt think at that time he would get called in front of congress. Congress might have probed more in to Pettitte and then he admitted to 2004. You can lie to the press you cant lie to the government.

A few things really stood out for me - One McNamee lied a lot - that Congressman (who probably has a Clemens autograph somewhere) nailed him on that HOWEVER his pattern of lying is always to protect his clients and friends. He's never lied to screw somebody over. He lied about Pettite and Clemens doing it, then tried to downplay their use of the stuff, only when Clemens tried to bury McNamee did he take the gloves off.

Secondly, Clemens' side accepts Canseco as a truth-telling witness when he says Clemens was never there, however didn't Canseco say he talked to Clemens a lot about stacking/cycling? Does Clemens admit to talking to Canseco a lot about Steroids? Or is he lying then? I believe that's what I heard in the testimony.

I find it interesting that McNamee named three players, and two have admitted as much. What does he possibly gain from including Clemens if Clemens never did the stuff? What possibly does Pettite gain from lying about his discussions with with Clemens?

Clemens and Pettite talked about HGH in 1999, however Clemens says Pettite was mistaken and that he was talking about his wife taking it. However as was pointed out, his wife didn't take it until 2003. HUGE inconsistency.

I'd like to hear from Mike Stanton about the blood through the "designer pants" issue. Of course that was just B12 right Roger? Regarding the abscess on his buttocks - wow shocker of all shockers Clemens found a doctor that would back his claim. However in a blind exam in which a renown doctor is given the MRI without knowing anything else about the situation or where it's from, that doctor concludes it was from a botched injection.

I believe that Pettitte probably did more stuff than that on more occasions. I understand why Pettitte said what he did in teh beginning because he was asked about Mcnamee specifically so he kept his answer to Mcnamee and those times. No reason to give up more infor than is asked for. Pettitte probably didnt think at that time he would get called in front of congress. Congress might have probed more in to Pettitte and then he admitted to 2004. You can lie to the press you cant lie to the government.

I believe Pettitte when it comes to Clemens too. However, he's no more credible. When confronted about his usage in 2002, Pettitte was asked if he EVER used at other times. Not just from McNamee, but ever. He said no, just twice. Said it in print, radio, etc. HE LIED!! There's nothing credible about Pettitte in this either. He's just less scummy than McNamee. Reality is, McNamee is being roasted for inconsistencies and because of his past. How many of us could recollect with precision, event from 7 years ago. McNamee told the truth, Clemens used PEDs.

A few things really stood out for me - One McNamee lied a lot - that Congressman (who probably has a Clemens autograph somewhere) nailed him on that HOWEVER his pattern of lying is always to protect his clients and friends. He's never lied to screw somebody over. He lied about Pettite and Clemens doing it, then tried to downplay their use of the stuff, only when Clemens tried to bury McNamee did he take the gloves off.

Secondly, Clemens' side accepts Canseco as a truth-telling witness when he says Clemens was never there, however didn't Canseco say he talked to Clemens a lot about stacking/cycling? Does Clemens admit to talking to Canseco a lot about Steroids? Or is he lying then? I believe that's what I heard in the testimony.

I find it interesting that McNamee named three players, and two have admitted as much. What does he possibly gain from including Clemens if Clemens never did the stuff? What possibly does Pettite gain from lying about his discussions with with Clemens?

Clemens and Pettite talked about HGH in 1999, however Clemens says Pettite was mistaken and that he was talking about his wife taking it. However as was pointed out, his wife didn't take it until 2003. HUGE inconsistency.

I'd like to hear from Mike Stanton about the blood through the "designer pants" issue. Of course that was just B12 right Roger? Regarding the abscess on his buttocks - wow shocker of all shockers Clemens found a doctor that would back his claim. However in a blind exam in which a renown doctor is given the MRI without knowing anything else about the situation or where it's from, that doctor concludes it was from a botched injection.

Bingo. McNamee is a scumbag, but he's a scumbag who told the truth.

What makes Pettite more credible than Clemens? I dont know or care what Clemens did. What I do know is that 1 injection of HGH or steroids will do nothing to help your body. HGH and steroids both need to be taken in cycles to get any use of them. So why didnt these players take them for the proper cycles?

That's wrong. That is just really wrong. I'm not going to argue with you or anybody. That's wrong. That's a myth.

That's wrong. That is just really wrong. I'm not going to argue with you or anybody. That's wrong. That's a myth.

100% correct. HGH doesn't require ANY cycling of any kind. Debbie Clemens received benefits from her ONE shot (assuming she took one). The beauty of HGH is it doesn't HAVE to be cycled at all.

Money spent for these hearings could buy better vehicle armor for our troops in Iraq.

Money spent for these hearings could buy better vehicle armor for our troops in Iraq.

Hell yes. This is the most expensive public service announcement to convince kids not to do drugs. A simple commercial blitz would have cost infinitely less.

Hell, add in the cost of lost productivity from people around the world slacking off at their jobs today and this stupid hearing could affect GDP, Retail Sales, Consumer confidence and the stock market. B)

HGH is not a perfomance enhancing DRUG! There have been many reports that shows it does nothing unless you suffer from dwarfism. Read up on it. HGH is usually combined with another steroid to get maximum benefits and yes it does need to be taken in cycles.

HGH is not a perfomance enhancing DRUG! There have been many reports that shows it does nothing unless you suffer from dwarfism. Read up on it. HGH is usually combined with another steroid to get maximum benefits and yes it does need to be taken in cycles.

100% false. No need for me to continue further.

Where's a thimble?

Quick- Somebody find me a thimble!

I hope Clemens breaks down crying and admits it soon. The lying is painful to watch.

What I find amazing is he's lying on international TV, under oath, in front of Congress, and he's not dropped one tear of sweat!! Cool as a cucumber.

Archived