NBC Sports Edge Forums

ESPN Special: Congressional hearing

Wizard of Boz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WFANs Mike Francesa has noted that the Republicans have defended Clemens while the Democrats have supported McNamee. Clemens is a Republican from Texas who has ties to Pres. Bush thats why there is a split. If you look at it the Congressmen who have ripped McNamee were both Republicans.

Something to think about.

WFANs Mike Francesa has noted that the Republicans have defended Clemens while the Democrats have supported McNamee. Clemens is a Republican from Texas who has ties to Pres. Bush thats why there is a split. If you look at it the Congressmen who have ripped McNamee were both Republicans.

Very interested...I'll keep an eye out.

there is a lot more to this than we will ever know. filthy politics.

Yeah, I've noticed that it is down party lines. I mean you have George HW Bush telling Clemens to stay strong.

Also telling - Clemens investigators asked McNamee if there was any paper trail, other witnesses or physical evidence to use against Clemens. Why were they asking this? McNamee said there wasn't and that's why you got Clemens so vehement in his denials.

Of course Clemens didn't know anything about these investigations or the questions asked.

One big question I don't understand why they haven't asked is this:

Mr. McNamee: As a former police officer, you should be intimately aware of problems with the chain of evidence as well as the deterioration aspects of improper storage. If you didn't trust Mr. Clemens, and thought you needed to keep needles, syringes and bloody gauze, why did you store it in a Fedex box in your basement as opposed to storing it properly, thereby maintaining the purity of the evidence?

And who was that woman showing 4 pictures of Clemens and saying he didn't get any bigger? Is she insane? He's thicker than a tree.

Virginia Foxx.

Jamie Foxx.

I have always wanted to know: How many freakin' Xs do you need to have at the end of a word to get the point across?

Superfluous Xs are a bane to society and a scourge of humanity. I believe our children need to be protected from the use of Superfluous Xs.

I think it's high time we have Congressional hearings on the rampant use of Superfluous Xs by our politicians and celebrities.

Who's with me?

Who's with me?

I am with you, ALL THE WAY. While we're at, let's take out "stars" with fake names. IE: Hannah Montana.

God, that's annoying.

Oh, and thanks for the updates guys. I can't exactly watch this here at work, but it sounds very entertaining.

So does anyone actually think that anyone will go down for punishment on this? It seems like everyone can't admit to anything or to lying.

Anton Chigurh should be called in by Congress and ask Canseco, Pettitte, Clemens and McNamee if they want to play heads or tails and settle this once and for all.

omg, please spare us. WE KNOW HE WAS A DRUG DEALER, sheesh. of course he isn't the nicest guy. Sammy the Bull was a murderer, but the govt. didn't mind having him bury Gotti. (not to say Clemens is Gotti, but you get what I mean, it's dirty business, run by dirty men.)

Yea man told you haha, seriously though Pettites statement about Clemens telling him he used HGH, how can clemens try and lie about that and say Pettite probably over heard him talking about someone else taking hgh.

this guy calling him a drug dealer is a moron, like he said he did what the players asked him to do. i just dont buy this drug dealer label, its complete bs and has nothing to do with roger clemens taking steriods

Huh??? Of course, McNamee is a drug dealer just as Clemens is apparently a drug user.

He, and I, and Rotobronco wrote posts at great length directly refuting the sort of assertions (EDIT) you are proffering.

YOU don't know what YOU'RE talking about. PERIOD.

Go surf your websites and buy what you're looking to buy. You're not shopping anywhere that sells a different product.

Yep, and you guys are 3 of the best posters in this forum. Ever considered what Lilguy posted was what he has read? You might say well maybe he needs to read stuff that is from a reliable source, or is credible. I've read three different articles that actually support what Lilguy said, but that doesn't necessarily make one or the other right or wrong. Maybe for what ever reasons he hasn't had the chance to do the research as say, Zara has to backup what he's posting. You guys were real quick to bash him on how wrong he was, but I'm not sure how you can bash somebody if he's posting what he's read. I guess my point here is if you're reading 3, 4, 5 articles stating HGH is most effective when taken @ high doses and in a cycle/s you begin to believe consistency in the articles must make it true. As usual, I'm probably wrong assuming this (fck it). The words you used in this post that was edited really bothered me. I will guarantee you if he attacked you in this forum like you attacked him, and used the word" ignorant or ignorance" you would write three paragraphs on trying to make him feel as small as an ant. Most guys won't even think about starting a debate or argument with you because of your incredible writing skills and your knowledge of the game. Sometimes I wonder if you only respect those who you think are on your level. I'll be the first to admit I don't have excellent grammar/writing skills, but that doesn't take away my right posting on here, and respecting others as I would want to be respected. I have respect for you T-Man and there's no denying your unique writing skills some of the best I've seen. Respond however you like, I can take it I'm a BIG boy.

So does anyone actually think that anyone will go down for punishment on this? It seems like everyone can't admit to anything or to lying.

Well- One of these gents said that this will be the last hearing on the matter- a comment that seems rather odd given the incomplete denouement this particular hearing by its very construct was/is going to offer.

BUT- Given that perjury is so wickedly difficult to prove legally, if there are to be no more hearings on the matter and Pettitte was never crossed during this hearing about his deposition I can't see ANYTHING of a legal nature in a prosecutorial manner will happen involving Clemens.

The two that have appeared before this committee today are self-contradictory liars. We can judge relatively which is lying more. But really, Zara's likening this to a "dog and pony show" is unfair to dog and pony shows everywhere. At least they have some sort of conclusion, arbitrary or not.

Yep, and you guys are 3 of the best posters in this forum. Ever considered what Lilguy posted was what he has read? You might say well maybe he needs to read stuff that is from a reliable source, or is credible. I've read three different articles that actually support what Lilguy said, but that doesn't necessarily make one or the other right or wrong. Maybe for what ever reasons he hasn't had the chance to do the research as say, Zara has to backup what he's posting. You guys were real quick to bash him on how wrong he was, but I'm not sure how you can bash somebody if he's posting what he's read. I guess my point here is if you're reading 3, 4, 5 articles stating HGH is most effective when taken @ high doses and in a cycle/s you begin to believe consistency in the articles must make it true. As usual, I'm probably wrong assuming this (fck it). The words you used in this post that was edited really bothered me. I will guarantee you if he attacked you in this forum like you attacked him, and used the word" ignorant or ignorance" you would write three paragraphs on trying to make him feel as small as an ant. Most guys won't even think about starting a debate or argument with you because of your incredible writing skills and your knowledge of the game. Sometimes I wonder if you only respect those who you think are on your level. I'll be the first to admit I don't have excellent grammar/writing skills, but that doesn't take away my right posting on here, and respecting others as I would want to be respected. I have respect for you T-Man and there's no denying your unique writing skills some of the best I've seen. Respond however you like, I can take it I'm a BIG boy.

Nowhere on this thread did I call him any names or insult him. I merely stated that what he posted was incorrect. Pretty much ANYTHING is most effective when taken in high doses. That's pretty much a given. However, it's completely false to say that it needs to be cycled or that simple periodic use has very little positive effects. I've read research from Olympic trainers, board certified physicians, athletes who've used that supports what I've posted. It's not simply cut and paste from wikipedia or some other medical hack site. It's also not general information which is being used to prove a specific point. My research has been very indepth and complete. HGH does NOT need to be cycled. That's why athletes love it. You don't have to stop taking it like you do steroids. You also don't have to cycle it 4 times a week or whatever to achieve positive results. I never mean disrespect to anyone when I post unless they've disrespected me. What I've tried to do over the many weeks these discussions have gone on is use my experience from research to educate a public that is largely in the dark on this issue. About 7 years ago I used to say many of the things people on here did until I ran into someone who'd done the research. I followed his path and it was enlightening.

And now I'm off on vacation so I won't be around to reply or continue with this discussion. Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

Huh??? Of course, McNamee is a drug dealer just as Clemens is apparently a drug user.

i dont really agree with him being a drug dealer.

to my understanding(and correct me if i am wrong) macnamme followed and order by certain individuals to help them purchase steroids for use. he did not seek out anyone and try to push or convince them to take drugs nor was he the ultimate supplier,. what he did was fulfill a request to obtain the drugs for use by another person. the person whom he had obtained the steroids from was the actual drug dealer. he did not sell these drugs to make a profit and he did not solicit players to take them.

to me a drug dealer is a person who is in the business of selling drugs to make a profit, they have no bias as to who they would solicit and are only involved because of the monetary rewards that come with the business.

I can relate this to a sale of marijuana. Example

Friend 1 smokes marijuana and buys the marijuana from a drug dealer who sells a certain quantity at a marked up price in order for himself to make a substantial profit . Friend 2 smokes marijuana often or occasionally and asks friends 1 that if the next time you make a pickup would you mind grabbing a bag for me(maybe his dealer is out of town or whatever). Friend 1 says sure and purchases 2 quantity’s of marijuana from his dealer say for $20 dollars each. Friend 1 is repayed by friend 2 $20 for the cost of the bag from the dealer. Friend 1 is not a drug dealer he simply fulfilled a request from friend 2 to obtain drugs from his drug dealer for personal use.

Based on my understanding and my reasoning I don’t think its fair to label macnamme a drug deal, he was engaging in illegal activities no doubt but the label of drug deal doesn’t seem fair or accurate simply because he knew how and who to obtain the drugs that were requested by another person

Archived