NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Rodon 2015 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The manager said he could help the team this year but said it would be out of the bullpen.

It might take an injury or 2 for him to be thrown into the rotation.

Back end of the rotation is bad. Danks has been bad for 4 years and is getting worse. This team has aspirations of competing this year. He'll be in the rotation sooner than later IMO.

• Root Admin

The manager said he could help the team this year but said it would be out of the bullpen.

Back end of the rotation is bad. Danks has been bad for 4 years and is getting worse. This team has aspirations of competing this year. He'll be in the rotation sooner than later IMO.

I agree with this. Danks and Noesi are both pretty terrible starters. I could see him starting by the middle of May or sooner.

What I'm guessing is they don't envision him going 200 innings this year. Maybe they think he needs to be in the 160-170 range. So I guess keeping him in the pen for a month isn't the worst idea. That way he can start in September when they may be in the middle of a playoff race. That's the only thing I can think of. Danks is consistently serving up BP. His arm is done and should be bumped from the rotation very soon. I'd say no later than mid to late May for Rodon to be starting.

yeah it's only a matter of time before he is in the rotation. on the bright side, if he pitches 10 times from the bullpen he'll get RP eligibility on ESPN for those of you that love those dual eligibility pitchers.

STUPID move by Chicago. He's a starter. He's better than Noesi or Danks. That means you could approach this two ways. If you don't want to call him up, leave him at AAA to start games. If you call him up, let him start. Don't mess with him by putting him in the pen. Idiotic management by Chicago. Hope it doesn't hurt his development, cause I'm an excited Rodon owner.

STUPID move by Chicago. He's a starter. He's better than Noesi or Danks. That means you could approach this two ways. If you don't want to call him up, leave him at AAA to start games. If you call him up, let him start. Don't mess with him by putting him in the pen. Idiotic management by Chicago. Hope it doesn't hurt his development, cause I'm an excited Rodon owner.

As a fantasy owner (and Sox fan) I'd rather see Rodon in the rotation, but don't forget they did the same thing with Sale when he first came up and that's worked out pretty well thus far, so it's hard to rag on management too much for this move. They obviously like to give their young arms a taste of big league hitting before throwing them into the rotation.

Guys, I admit, I don't know much about this guy. Can someone give me a summary of his ability and possible ROS stats?

Don't know about ROS stats because it depends on how long he is in the bullpen.

He has a filthy slider and a high 90s fastball. Potential SP1/2 in fantasy.

Guys, I admit, I don't know much about this guy. Can someone give me a summary of his ability and possible ROS stats?

Don't know about ROS stats because it depends on how long he is in the bullpen.

He has a filthy slider and a high 90s fastball. Potential SP1/2 in fantasy.

Sounds like Chris Sale :)

I think he's the best rookie pitcher to have this year.

Danks pitches against Cleveland tomorrow.He sucks so bad I picked up a guy named Jerry Sands to stream against him and then drop the next day.

It sucks that he'll be in the pen to start. Noesi starts Tuesday which would be in line with Rodon.

I think it's perfect, we can get an idea of what he's got against MLB hitters. possibility of 2015 Betonces numbers from the pen for a few weeks, or a month. After the Walker debacle I am wary against expecting miracles from high upside prospects out of the gate.

Did the Sox keep Sale in the bullpen the entire remaining season after his call up? As of now my drop would have to be a Billy Butler, Hutchinson or Norris(P) and not sure how comfortable I am with that if he's out of the pen.

*edit Nevermind just saw Norris crap game today. Rodons SP eligibility is nice since I definitely won't have 3 SPs going every day.

Did the Sox keep Sale in the bullpen the entire remaining season after his call up? As of now my drop would have to be a Billy Butler, Hutchinson or Norris(P) and not sure how comfortable I am with that if he's out of the pen.

They even tried to convert Sale to closer for a few days when he was starting!

What was the status of the rotation when Sale first got the call? Was it as horrible as Danks/Noesi? Did they not need

the impact prospect as much then as they likely do now? Just curious....it could be an intriguing dynamic in how this all plays out.

What was the status of the rotation when Sale first got the call? Was it as horrible as Danks/Noesi? Did they not need

the impact prospect as much then as they likely do now? Just curious....it could be an intriguing dynamic in how this all plays out.

The back end of The White Sox rotation wasn't as bad as Danks & Noesi.

They had Humber in his career year, Edwin Jackson in a sub 4 ERA year, and Jake Peavy who ended up getting hurt.

With Buehrle, Gavin Floyd, and Danks (back when he could pitch), as their top 3 starters.

He probably is better than Noesi and Danks, but I can't blame the Sox for going this route with Rodon. Some teams like to ease guys into the big leagues. There's a big difference between the MLB and AAA, and sometimes starting a guy off slow can go a long way. Remember, they did the same thing with Sale. They know what they're doing. I do expect Rodon to start eventually this year and do well. He'll be fine.

Archived