NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Rodon 2015 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, wish I could watch, give the ol' eye test

Don't know what to make of him really. From a distance it seems like it could be a case of a rookie getting unnerved by a HR. I mean 3 BB in a row is pretty rare

His "stuff" can be the nastiest of the nasty all it wants. If he can't find the zone he's not going to be good. I wouldn't be surprised if they send him down to work on it.

His "stuff" can be the nastiest of the nasty all it wants. If he can't find the zone he's not going to be good. I wouldn't be surprised if they send him down to work on it.

I am sure they would like to but they are desperate for #4 and #5 starter.

how many starts still he has sp eligibility in yahoo?

3 more I believe -- Yahoo needs five starts and he has two right now

has he had problems with control in the minors and college?

Not huge problems, but it's been documented that he's struggled commanding his fastball. I think it's partly to do with his mechanics. He finishes standing too straight on his right leg, and also too upright overall. Somewhat like Matt Moore. I've noticed that when he actually does bend and follow through that he has much better command. Thing is, he isn't consistent with those mechanics. Like I said, he finishes too straight up. I'd like to see him finish with that front leg bent some, along with his back.

how many starts still he has sp eligibility in yahoo?

3 more I believe -- Yahoo needs five starts and he has two right now

Not for a starting pitcher. That's the exception to the rule. Right off of the top paragraph of their Position Eligibility page Yahoo states:

"Pitchers need 3 Starts to gain SP eligibility, 5 Relief Appearances to gain RP eligibility."

Archived