NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Rodon 2015 Outlook

Getting LIT up. Anyone watching care to explain?

I'm watching, he looks like a not very good pitcher who belongs in the minors pitching against major league hitters who are better than him. I am not impressed one bit by any of his pitches. His fastball is straight and hittable, his breaking balls are all over the place and not even close to the strike zone and his attitude sucks. He doesn't belong here, flat out.

Well that settles it. Drop him in all formats.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I watched it. I really wonder if half of the people posting in this thread have ever played the game before?

1. It was bone chilling cold. His strike out pitch is a slider. Have you ever tried to throw anything other than a fastball in the cold? Good luck.

2. His fastball was hitting 98mph. I don't care how straight it is -- 98 gas is 98 gas

3. He's a starter and they are bringing him in to work out of the stretch in his MLB debut

4. two of the hits he gave up were broken bat bleeders.

So I watched it. I really wonder if half of the people posting in this thread have ever played the game before?

1. It was bone chilling cold. His strike out pitch is a slider. Have you ever tried to throw anything other than a fastball in the cold? Good luck.

2. His fastball was hitting 98mph. I don't care how straight it is -- 98 gas is 98 gas

3. He's a starter and they are bringing him in to work out of the stretch in his MLB debut

This x 100000. The over reaction is crazy. What are people actually expecting in his first MLB game coming out of the bullpen no less? It's terrible how they actually brought him out in his first inning to throw out of the stretch. Completely different mindset and he didn't even have the chance to warm up in the beginning of an inning like a starter at least would.

I'm holding because of his talent. No other impact pitchers on the wire.

Thanks for the good eyes on recap.

Robin also said he "might" see time as a starter later on in the season. Is he even worth a hold at this point in redraft leagues?

This is just a nice way of telling his other starters (i.e. Noesi and Danks) that they are in a short leash.

It may have been covered, but perhaps he was emotional/overly pumped up...it was his MLB debut...he probably put a ton of pressure on himself and holds himself to a high regard. Step off the ledge. If you believed in his talent and clamored for his call-up and insertion into the rotation, you cannot jump ship after a (1) shaky MLB DEBUT with all eyes watching. Let's see how he handles himself moving forward. I believe in this kid and his talent and makeup.

Ventura is shot. Why he would put the kid in that position in his first MLB appearance is just beyond my comprehension.

Yeah it was a pretty awful spot... He will be fine though. Tough spot and nerves are a recipe for a bad outing.

Archived