NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Rodon 2015 Outlook

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is possible he isn't a good reliever. Just one of those things.

He likely will be in the rotation in 2 weeks.

you seem pretty sure about him being put in the rotation in two weeks. is this just because of his "innings limit"? Danks and Quintana are both coming off of impressive starts.

Nolan Ryan killed too many of Ventura's brain cells.

Hahaha, man I loved Robin as a player but his managing skills are nearly as questionable as Don Mattingly's.

Give me a no name bullpen catcher for my manager. All-Star players rarely make good managers. Everything was easy for them they didn't have to rely on being smart or heads up when they were just more talented than everyone. Plus the guys who really had to work for it, they know how to develop players. Guys who were always just skillful naturally don't know how they became skillful they always just were. I coach for a living and I see it all the time on a smaller than the MLB level.

Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that "one scenario" has Carlos Rodon joining the White Sox' rotation on May 10 versus the Reds.

Van Schouwen says that "theres speculation" Jeff Samardzija and Chris Sale will drop the appeals of their five-game suspensions after their starts this week against the Tigers, which could open up a rotation spot next weekend for Rodon. Even if May 10 doesn't turn out to be the date of Rodon's first start, there's no doubting he's going to be entering the rotation soon. The lefty holds a 2.84 ERA over 6 1/3 relief innings, although it's come along with a 2.05 WHIP and 4/4 K/BB ratio. Still, the potential with Rodon is obviously sky-high, so feel free to stash him now if he's still on your waiver wire. Hector Noesi is expected to be booted from the rotation to make room for Rodon.

Guess I have to hold for the time being

CBS podcast said there's a chance he gets a start this Sunday at home vs the Reds. I put him in over Sabathia at Toronto fwiw. Figure he probably gets a relief chance tonight to get him on schedule for a few points then the start Sunday. Started him last week over Latos and he scored one more point than Latos so it worked out. Needless to say my pitching sucks right now.

CBS podcast said there's a chance he gets a start this Sunday at home vs the Reds. I put him in over Sabathia at Toronto fwiw. Figure he probably gets a relief chance tonight to get him on schedule for a few points then the start Sunday. Started him last week over Latos and he scored one more point than Latos so it worked out. Needless to say my pitching sucks right now.

That is Shark's turn. He already was complaining about too much rest before the Baltimore start.

There is talk of Shark and Sale dropping the appeal of their suspensions which would open a spot on Sunday. Not sure I ever heard of a player not appealing a suspension. Suspensions are always reduced.

My guess is that Rodon's first start will be next week in place off Danks or Noesi depending on whichever is more horrible in their start this week.

Rodon has an innings limit this season. Starting him next week put him at about 150-160 innings for the season which is what they want.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/baseball/7/71/572889/carlos-rodon-working-way-white-sox-rotation?utm_campaign=snsdemo&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

i thought this part was interesting...

"Noesi, who woke up with a stiff neck Saturday, has had only three starts because of off days and postponed games. When Ventura came to get him, he faced the outfield and tossed the ball in the air.

“That’s not a lot,’’ he said of throwing 73 pitches – two of which were hit for home runs. “I thought I was going to stay there, but I don’t make the decisions.”

Also a hold for owners terrified that as soon as they drop him someone will scoop him up, he joins the rotation and dominates.

i held and dropped for a spot start last week, right before the news of a possible start this weekend was speculated.

luckily he passed through waivers, but i won't let that happen again.

Archived