NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trevor Plouffe 2015 Outlook

Plouffe used to be a guy on a lot of people's radar (2014, 2013). It's odd there isn't anything more here in the forums on him for 2015 to this point. Seriously.

He's definitely worth a look.

His ownership rate right now is embarrassing. His hitting coach apparently noticed something that "fixed" his swing. The past 15 days he's had a .435 OBP and has been raking. His poor start may be scaring people away. I think he should be owned in all leagues at the moment.

His ownership rate right now is embarrassing. His hitting coach apparently noticed something that "fixed" his swing. The past 15 days he's had a .435 OBP and has been raking. His poor start may be scaring people away. I think he should be owned in all leagues at the moment.

In a nice RBI spot too especially if he can get to 25 bombs.

What sites are there to use to check the roster lineups for the day?

Where does plouffe bat in the lineup?

He's been hitting between 4-6 throughout the season, but there have been a lot of lineup changes for the Twins under their new manager. They've been using a consistent 1-4 of Dozier. Hunter. Mauer. Plouffe for about a week and a half now and they have been scoring runs as of late so I would expect it to stick for the time being.

Looks like the Twins had him batting in Cleanup behind Mauer for the last week....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/lineup/_/name/min/minnesota-twins

I'm rolling the dice and sticking him in one of my two Util spots in a 12 team league this week.

Im so clistered with 1st/3rd recently picking up Mauer also. I need to get some trades going on to clear a spot for him ASAP!

What upside are we looking at for Plouffe ROS?

Looks like the Twins had him batting in Cleanup behind Mauer for the last week....

I'm rolling the dice and sticking him in one of my two Util spots in a 12 team league this week.

Im so clistered with 1st/3rd recently picking up Mauer also. I need to get some trades going on to clear a spot for him ASAP!

More than anything, Plouffe is a streaky hitter. If you want upside, look no further than his June 2012. That month he hit .327 with 11 HRs and 21 RBIs, good for a 1.126 OPS over the course of an entire month.

...and then two months later, in August 2012, he hit .161 with 1 HR (.458 OPS). As I said, he's streaky.

He's a former first round pick (20th overall) so it's not like this has come out of nowhere.

More than anything, Plouffe is a streaky hitter. If you want upside, look no further than his June 2012. That month he hit .327 with 11 HRs and 21 RBIs, good for a 1.13 OPS over the course of an entire month.

...and then in August 2012 he hit .161 with 1 HR (.458 OPS). As I said, he's streaky.

I was going to comment about him being streaky.. But then again that was who he was and how he approached. From reading, someone posted a flaw in his swibg was fixed andhas shown great signs since. I do take his prior stats into great concideration chalking this up as another hot streak waiting to cool down. But If he figured sonemething out or fixed a flaw he might rake ROS.

Archived