• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good call!

why are you yelling

IM PUMPED UP ABOUT TORRES. PLUS, AT MY JOB WE ENTER EVERYTHING INTO OUR SYSTEM IN CAPS. 

9 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Yankees broadcast just mentioned him being PH for in the 5th and made no mention of an injury. They fueled the speculation of a potential call up.

Taken out due to feeling stiff from the cold per Jon Heyman.

5 hours ago, Chubbles said:

Why do you think 3b and not 2b?

Because they have been having play 3b since last Tuesday. 6 straight games.  Andujar is a butcher at 3b, plus he hasn't been hitting.  They also have Wade, Torreyes, and Walker at 2b.  Just Andujar been playing 3b, with Torreyes on occassion

Torres was back in the lineup today (at 3B). He went 1-for-2 (a double), with 2 BBs.

He's now batting .452 over his last 10 games, and his OPS sits at .966 for the young season.

Certainly looks as though he's ready for the majors, and now it's just a question of when the Yankees pull the trigger.

Edited by Router
6 hours ago, Router said:

Torres was back in the lineup today (at 3B). He went 1-for-2 (a double), with 2 BBs.

He's now batting .452 over his last 10 games, and his OPS sits at .966 for the young season.

Certainly looks as though he's ready for the majors, and now it's just a question of when the Yankees pull the trigger.

I'm hoping he is summoned for tomorrow!!! I read a rumor the Yankees would not want him up tomorrow because it would look too fishy that they were exploiting that one 20 day rule thing. Who knows, but all I know is he is ready.

Andjuar continues to hit and for power. Doubles and hrs

He sat Thurs after hitting a homerun and came back last night by hitting another.

I'll bet he's got the Yankees rethinking what to do with Torres. Maybe put him back at second base. Worse thing that can happen is MA flops and the move Torres to third. Or Torres flops and they already have second base covered .

Last 7 games

BA  .417

AB  12

Runs 3

Hits  5

RBI  3

After a string of 8 starts at 3B, Torres has suddenly been playing 2B the last couple of days. With Andujar heating up, I think the Yankees may seriously be considering the Torres 2B/Andujar 3B option.

Edited by Router
  • Like 1

Man, I want to be more excited, but I've been burned by similar profiles in guys like JP Crawford and Ahmed Rosario. 

Good hit tool middle infield prospects with no outstanding fantasy quality otherwise seem to get over ranked just based on the middle infield capability. 

I will be happy to be wrong on Gleyber. I'm pulling for the guy, but it's a profile I've gotten averse to. Maybe I'm just missing the boat here?

Edited by treat88
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, treat88 said:

Man, I want to be more excited, but I've been burned by similar profiles in guys like JP Crawford and Ahmed Rosario. 

Good hit tool middle infield prospects with no outstanding fantasy quality otherwise seem to get over ranked just based on the middle infield capability. 

I will be happy to be wrong on Gleyber. I'm pulling for the guy, but it's a profile I've gotten averse to. Maybe I'm just missing the boat here?

I’m with ya. Screams Howie Kendrick to me. Better real than fantasy. 15 HRs, 12 steals kinda guy. Useful, but not a league winner. 

Worth noting Scranton and Trenton (where Gleyber played in AA and AAA) are notorious pitcher havens so often the offensive stats for Yankees minor leaguers is depressed a bit. Yankee Stadium is a far better hitting ballpark than both. Compare that to a guy like Amed Rosario who was playing in the PCL and it's pretty much night and day in terms of ballpark factors. 

And even with that built-in advantage Rosario never had an ISO above .140 in the minors while Torres had a .223 ISO in AA last year.I just don't think they profile the same at all, tbh. 

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, treat88 said:

No, I think you are right on here.  The appeal is being in a potent Yankees' lineup and great home park.  I think a lot of his value will be tied into a strong batting average and good walk percentage in which aids more runs and ribbies.  With his moderate power and steals upside if he "only" manages a .270 batting average I don't see that much value in 12 teamers.  I own him but will keep him as long as I can as an na stash.