NBC Sports Edge Forums

Make a move for Cruz?

fingy

The Cruz owner wants to trade.

His starters are: Gray, Richards, Burnett, Bolsinger, Wood, Pineda

Mine are: Felix, Bumgarner, Keuchel, Kazmir, Syndergaard, Tanaka, JoFer

I'm thinkin of giving up Bumgarner + one of my OFs (like Mookie Betts) for Cruz.

Worth a try? Also thought of Keuchel + Arod + Mookie but don't think he'd take that one tbh.

Any any trade ideas? Would it be overpaying if I swap Keuchel for Bumgarner with the 2 hitters above?

Team/settings:

Re-draft 10 teams weekly H2H - daily roster (H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLAM | W, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB)

C: Posey
1B: Votto
2B: Dozier
3B: Longoria
SS: Tulowitzki
OF: Span, Betts, Billy Hamilton
UTIL: Napoli, ARod | BN: Puig, Rusney, Yelich, Moss
SP: F. Hernandez, Bumgarner, Keuchel, Kazmir, Syndergaard, (DL)Jose Fernandez, (DL)Tanaka

RP: Kimbrel, KRod

WHIR

Bumgarner/Betts could probably get it done. I'd loooooove to see you sell high on Keuchel if you can though - his advanced stats show he isn't really to be trusted at this point. Maybe aim lower than Cruz to move Keuchel/Betts for an upgrade?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=521367

Why trade for Cruz when his value is sky high and bound to come down? Be patient because I like your offense and even though you think your pitching can be expendable, we dont know what Tanaka and JFer will be. Plus if this league is somewhat competent then the cruz owner is just gonna listen around and try to sell high.

Id wait to trade Madbum untill Tanaka throws 1 or 2 times. Has he made you an offer or are those your pre offers for him? Now I dont play H2H so values change some, but I could easily see the trade being bad for you depending on the current league standings and all that number crunching because Cruz is gonna drop off some no doubt, MadBum becomes his Ace (which he has a weak rotation right now that you help.

Really just need a little more league info/team needs. You should be patient and dont get trigger trade happy. Wait for Tulo to heat up or your DL guys to return. Idk lemme know what u do

Thanks everyone for all the feedback.

Bumgarner/Betts could probably get it done. I'd loooooove to see you sell high on Keuchel if you can though - his advanced stats show he isn't really to be trusted at this point. Maybe aim lower than Cruz to move Keuchel/Betts for an upgrade?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=521367

I'm not yet familiar with advanced stats so I thought Keuchel is being undervalued (at least in my league) as I tried to use Keuchel first. Anyway, what are the stats indicating that he can't be trusted? Seems like he's pitched well today too. 8IP 4H 0ER 0BB 10K so far today, games not over tho haha.

Who else is in your outfield? I don't hate it, but do you need Cruz?

My OFs are: Betts, Moss, Castillo, Span, Billy Ham, Yelich and Puig on DL.

Thought I could use a big bat OF.

Why trade for Cruz when his value is sky high and bound to come down? Be patient because I like your offense and even though you think your pitching can be expendable, we dont know what Tanaka and JFer will be. Plus if this league is somewhat competent then the cruz owner is just gonna listen around and try to sell high.

Id wait to trade Madbum untill Tanaka throws 1 or 2 times. Has he made you an offer or are those your pre offers for him? Now I dont play H2H so values change some, but I could easily see the trade being bad for you depending on the current league standings and all that number crunching because Cruz is gonna drop off some no doubt, MadBum becomes his Ace (which he has a weak rotation right now that you help.

Really just need a little more league info/team needs. You should be patient and dont get trigger trade happy. Wait for Tulo to heat up or your DL guys to return. Idk lemme know what u do

I was trying to figure out an offer because he said he's looking for a good SP and is willing to trade away Cruz.

If you click Show besides spoiler it has my league info and team. Not sure exactly what info you are looking for. It's my first year playing fantasy. I screwed up my draft and have been struggling recently.

Re-draft 10 teams weekly H2H - daily roster (H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLAM | W, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB)
Grand slam and Shutouts are pretty rare so mostly it's 6x6 (7x7 including slam/sho).
I'm 42-40-16 and 5th in the league.
Tbh, I'm not sure where I need upgrade besides OF. Maybe 1B/2B or RP?
But I do think you are right about a lot of things. I should just be patient and see how my team's doing after DLs come back and have some time to settle.

Use the waiver wire to mix and match each week. see what guys have good matchups or not good matchups. Just do your research and really learn as you go. You should ask him whatd he want for Cruz. Il PM you

Man I think you are giving up too much for Cruz. I see him as a sell high kind of guy, and you are giving up a stud SP and a great OF to boot. If you really need the power though I guess you could do worse.

Archived