NBC Sports Edge Forums

SAL PEREZ VS. YAN GOMES

arrows92

still looking for closer help, and thinking about offering sal and something expendable for gomes and cody allen who has showed signs of being his old self over the last 2 weeks

still looking for closer help, and thinking about offering sal and something expendable for gomes and cody allen who has showed signs of being his old self over the last 2 weeks

Dont trade an elite catcher especislly if you need 2. I dont try to tell u your wrong everytime, i just think you should really look your team over. You have good pitching both RP and SP but your offense is just ok. You trade Perez for another closer makes no sense to me. Im just wondering why u thought that?

would be getting yan gomes in return with the closer.....you are confused

My apologies, So your giving Salvardore Perez for Gomes and Allen?

potentially sal and and expendable part for gomes and allen (as i stated above)...

gomes was better than sal last year, but has struggled since returning from the DL.....but the skill set is there for sure.

It is buying low, but you are assuming all of the risk, especially with closers being such volatile position. I personally like Sal more. Can you find another closer like maybe Tolleson in Texas if he is still available.....or buy Addison Reed for cheap and hope he gets the closers gig back.....

I see, well in that case if you really need saves, I would agree that Allen has looked better. It is just tough dealing for a catcher coming off of a knee injury, especially considering you are rostering the oft-injured Wilson Ramos.

very well managed deep money league...NOTHING on the wire and most of the "next in line"guys are rostered

including 5 of them myself....

You should keep Perez. I think he becoming more of a leader of that team and not many better hitting catchers....Gomes can be one of them but he still hasnt found it after injury. But im not sure how badly you need saves so..

2nd to last in saves currently....drafted betances, rosenthal and cecil and thought i was set....then cecil lost his job early (since regained), but has has very few save opps, and miller took the job and ran with it.

2nd to last in saves currently....drafted betances, rosenthal and cecil and thought i was set....then cecil lost his job early (since regained), but has has very few save opps, and miller took the job and ran with it.

What about punting saves category but keep your betances and low whip n era guys. Trade Rosenthal your best closer to someone deperate for saves and get a bat. I punted my saves category and am in 2nd currently with 1 closer that I use to trade later in the year. Just giving some diff. opnion

proposed a deal to another owner (no response yet)

i get....russ martin and casilla

i give...perez and giles

don't know if he will bite, but worth a shot

Will Casilla make a real impact on saves or are you actually way behind?

proposed a deal to another owner (no response yet)

i get....russ martin and casilla

i give...perez and giles

don't know if he will bite, but worth a shot

Will Casilla make a real impact on saves or are you actually way behind?

i am currently 12 saves behind from going from a 2 to a 7 in the roto scoring....and martin has actually had a better season statistically than sal in our 6x6 format (OPS)...and he was dead even with sal last year and had almost 200 less at bats than sal.

martin is sneaky solid across the board (proof of what i said above)

never been a fan of "punting" a cat in roto....in well managed leagues like this one, it is 9 times out of 10 suicide if you expect to bring home the money.

never been a fan of "punting" a cat in roto....in well managed leagues like this one, it is 9 times out of 10 suicide if you expect to bring home the money.

I respect your strategy but that is completly untrue that punting is suicide. Ive punted 2 of my last 3 years and have won $, in a very well managed league.

I agree if your that close than to get another closer but it shouldnt cost you Perez

Punting isn't what a smart owner would do. Sometime you have to settle,,,, or come to the realization that you are too far behind to catch up and sell the pieces you have to upgrade elsewhere but for no reason should you punt a cat.

As for your question I like sal. I love your think about Allen/. Great buy low. He has strong k numbers and will likely right the ship. Try sending some of those Set up guys..... Giles.....

Punting isn't what a smart owner would do. Sometime you have to settle,,,, or come to the realization that you are too far behind to catch up and sell the pieces you have to upgrade elsewhere but for no reason should you punt a cat.

As for your question I like sal. I love your think about Allen/. Great buy low. He has strong k numbers and will likely right the ship. Try sending some of those Set up guys..... Giles.....

yeah, we have not quite reached the 1/3 mark of the season and no way i am "punting" this cat in my position (cecils opps will come)

i deal would be someone like giles thrown in with sal for gomes and allen.

Archived