NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose abreau for jose Fernandez whir

Standard 5x5 keep forever and ever league. Deep rosters

My current standing are

Last in runs scored. 2nd in homers.. 3rd in rbi. 2nd in sb

2nd from last in batting average...

Last in wins... First in saves first in ks first in era first in whip.

I get abreau

I give jose Fernandez and a closer

I might be able to talk him out of the closer part but we will see.... Thiughts?

Leave a link I love to help out.

Keep forever? Man, I just couldn't bring myself to give up an entire career of Fernandez if he's healthy

Agreed. I'd probably stay put. I think JoFer comes back with vengeance. But if you don't have to throw in a closer then I'd be ok with the move

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=521392#entry5501773

With your pitching depth I would make that deal, but where are you going to play him?

I'd probably put him in my util over Blackman/ Chris Davis/ betts/ soler

So you could conceivably move one of those players to acquire another pitcher if you needed to. Just another reason I would make the deal. You can always find pitching, 30 Hr 100 RBI guys not as easy to find.....

Depends on how close your standings are. Id say I would prolly accept the deal but if this owner is smart than he may be trying to just take away from your pitching leads so its tough to say. I do believe Fernandez will be effective. Tough to say

With your pitching depth I would make that deal, but where are you going to play him?

So you could conceivably move one of those players to acquire another pitcher if you needed to. Just another reason I would make the deal. You can always find pitching, 30 Hr 100 RBI guys not as easy to find.....

He did mention the league is deep and by the amount of pitchers he has its hard to imagine the wire being loaded

I would not do that in a keep forever league. Fernandez is so young and has insane upside. I think Abreu is great, but also quite a bit overrated.

Explain please?

Get Abreu man asap!!!! He will rake 30 - 40 HR's a year going forward. Can Jofer do that? No! Plus he is coming off TJ surgery and will likely need another one.

I would not do that in a keep forever league. Fernandez is so young and has insane upside. I think Abreu is great, but also quite a bit overrated.

Jose Fernandez is beyond overrated. Abreu isn't at all. He's an elite 1B with power and those are rare. SP can be found and had for all year right off the WW.

He did mention the league is deep and by the amount of pitchers he has its hard to imagine the wire being loaded[/quote

The ww is barren, ..... Extremely barren... I'm pretty torn right now because my offense needs a little boost

He did mention the league is deep and by the amount of pitchers he has its hard to imagine the wire being loaded

But he could trade for someone if he needed to......Fernandez, and I own him in a dynasty league, is a great pitcher with immense talent.....but I still make the deal. If not for Abreu, then shop for someone else.

I always take the hitter if talent is close to being equal.....

Explain please?

A lot of people see him as a borderline top 5 player. I see him more as a top 20 player. More a second round option than first round for me.

He plays a position where there are a lot of elite options, Goldy, Miggy, Rizzo, Gonzalez, Frazier, Encarnacion, Posey, Freeman, Fielder, Votto, etc. There are also great options like Duda, Hosmer, Pujols, Vogt, Santana, and many others.

Obviously he's up there in the top 5 of those options, he's a stud. Personally, I would just rather keep the 22-year old ace when you already have Rizzo as your starting 1B, especially with no corner infielder spot, especially if you need to throw in a closer to get the deal done.

Dang this is a tough one..

Given your already deep pitching staff, I would make this deal.

Who knows how productive JoFer will be coming back from TJ. He could be lights out, or he could flutter and flame out. I would go with Abreu since you know what you're going to get with him. Plus it doesn't hurt to already have King Felix, Price, Harvey, and co. in your rotation.

Thanks for the help with mine.

Explain please?

A lot of people see him as a borderline top 5 player. I see him more as a top 20 player. More a second round option than first round for me.

He plays a position where there are a lot of elite options, Goldy, Miggy, Rizzo, Gonzalez, Frazier, Encarnacion, Posey, Freeman, Fielder, Votto, etc. There are also great options like Duda, Hosmer, Pujols, Vogt, Santana, and many others.

Obviously he's up there in the top 5 of those options, he's a stud. Personally, I would just rather keep the 22-year old ace when you already have Rizzo as your starting 1B, especially with no corner infielder spot, especially if you need to throw in a closer to get the deal done.

Well said, thanks

I was gonna say since you're last in R, try to get someone like Altuve and you have him!

I think you can afford to do this trade but I'd try to find someone who will get you those runs.

Like iirc, Abreu bats behind LaRoche who isn't doing anything this year...

But I think this is worth it for you still.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=521440

Archived