NBC Sports Edge Forums

THOUGHTS ON PAPELBON?

arrows92

what is your take on his possible movement before the trade deadline..

have giles rostered in my very deep, well managed money league just in case paps gets moved.

this was all fine until murphy went on the DL today and i already have travis and corbin (stashed in hopes of a solid return).

if i hold tight, that leaves me with only 1 stick on my bench, but i could drop giles for ruben tejada (not only multiposition but has been on a real nice tear)

so it comes down to holding tight with 1 bench stick or dropping giles for tejada...thoughts??

Bench bats arent a necessity - i prefer more bench arms, personally. I dont think Giles is worth stashing though, not much smoke on the Papelbon trade front

I'm going to agree with the above poster. I don't carry bench bats. And I think paps contract is going to prevent him from going anywhere. So if you would rather have more bats then go ahead and drop him. Personally hold through the trade deadline just in case

was a giles owner last year and his k rate and ratios were incredible...he has struggled so far this year but i still have him stashed in hopes of paps being moved, but i really don't see it happening

I would hold on to Giles. Papelbon has to get traded and Giles provides more value with his ratios than Tejada on your bench.

his ratios this year have not been a help to anyone

I would hold on to Giles. Papelbon has to get traded and Giles provides more value with his ratios than Tejada on your bench.

his ratios this year have not been a help to anyone

I will take a K per inning, an ERA and WHIP that should both drop for the rest of the season over Ruben Tejada and his combined 1 HR/SB, especially considering he will be on your bench.

Archived