NBC Sports Edge Forums

Make This Trade?

sharpee

Looking to add pitching and I am wondering if I should make this trade to make some room for Rendon now that he's back from the DL.

I give: Kyle Seager, Carlos Rodon, Julio Teheran

I get: Tyson Ross, Andrew Cashner

Thoughts?

Format:

12 Team H2H 6x6 Keeper League (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, SV) -- Keep 3

Team:

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Eric Hosmer

2B: Jason Kipnis

SS: Jose Reyes

3B: Kris Bryant, Kyle Seager

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Bryce Harper, Kole Calhoun, Gregory Polanco

SP: Julio Teheran, Yordano Ventura, Dallas Keuchel, Danny Salazar, Taijuan Walker, Carlos Rodon

RP: Cody Allen, Hector Rondon, Andrew Miller

DL: Anthony Rendon, Hisashi Iwakuma

Ross may be the most reliable sp of the group, Cashner has been pretty good too. Depends what you think of Rodons potential, he's got stuff but walks a lot, and Teheran if can bounce back and be consistent.

You have a log jam in your lineup, would be great if you had a utility or IF spot and made this trade, could then continue to play Kipnis, Bryant, and Rendon. Seager isn't bad either, in 12 team think he might fetch a bit more when also in a package with other players.

Considering Julio not being that great, Ross/Cashner are pretty solid additions to your SP.

Maybe wait for one more Teheran start if you can afford to. Hasn't looked very good. I like Rodon in a keeper but since you only keep 3 he likely wouldn't be on the list.

I'd aim for other pitchers, personally. They both have upside, but neither is a definite, guaranteed improvement. Teheran could end up being better than either guy ROS (though it's unlikely). Ross walks a lot of hitters and Cashner doesn't earn wins for whatever reason.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=522105

I'd take the deal. You need pitchers. Having said that maybe consider others--Ross and Cashner are both solid buys considering what you're giving up, but you may be able to get a bit more--something along the lines of Lance Lynn, Jake Arrieta, Carlos Carrasco-level pitchers. Not sure how the other guy's team looks so this may be the best offer available.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=522116

the only issue is that the next real good pitcher after these guys on his squad is mad max. i assume thats too rich to ask for even if i did a 3 for 1?

Archived