NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brendan Rodgers - SS COL

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Goodbye Hampson....hello Rodgers?  Nope...

Wow, he magically fixed all that "defense" he was working on in the last week

Once he gets the call I don't know what I'll be more excited about - him getting the call or me not having to sift through endless soccer tweets about the other Brendan Rodgers when searching Twitter

Thanks to the above poster.  According to mlb.com the Rockies are making the move tonight.  Not a for sure, and he might be part o some twisted platoon, but I’ll wait and see as I don’t want to is out because he isn’t going to make it to the “wait and see” crowd.

https://www.mlb.com/news/brendan-rodgers-rockies-promotion

28 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

I assume it will be Friday when they call him up...if they do. They're off tonight. But I went ahead and picked him up....just in case. 

What gave you that idea? Was it the news that broke before you posted this that they were calling him up on...Friday?

:lol:

• Haha 1

Is there any room for him in the lineup? Or is it just as a precaution after Story tweaked something on a fly ball last night? I'm already frustrated that Daniel Murphy can't find his way into the lineup, am I going to have two guys on this team that sit most days?

17 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Is there any room for him in the lineup? Or is it just as a precaution after Story tweaked something on a fly ball last night? I'm already frustrated that Daniel Murphy can't find his way into the lineup, am I going to have two guys on this team that sit most days?

The Rockies have a huge Garrett Hampson/Ryan McMahon-sized hole at 2B. If he's as-advertised, he could run away with the full-time 2B gig. 

• Like 1

I don't think they call him up to have it on the bench, taking into consideration the way he is playing in AAA. My opinion is that he will play second base and in the first base will share playing time between Murphy and McMahon.

• Like 1
Just now, smeeze said:

The Rockies have a huge Garrett Hampson/Ryan McMahon-sized hole at 2B. If he's as-advertised, he could run away with the full-time 2B gig. 

This,  if he’s at 2nd base, playing in Coors, he could end the year as a top 10 2nd baeman

Happy to be wrong on this.  Made a tough drop to pick him up and see because the upside is too enticing.  The comment above that you can't wait and see what his role will be or how he does is correct.  He'll be rostered in every competitive league asap.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Happy to be wrong on this.  Made a tough drop to pick him up and see because the upside is too enticing.  The comment above that you can't wait and see what his role will be or how he does is correct.  He'll be rostered in every competitive league asap.

He's been rostered for weeks already in all my competitive leagues, as well as have guys like Alvarez and Riley.  If you're playing in a shallow league and he's not on your team already and your leaguemates are more than casual players, he's likely already gone, especially if your league has at least one NA spot (not you in particular, btw, just speaking about these types of leagues in general).  Good luck to everyone who still has a shot at getting him though.  Usage could be frustrating since these are the Rockies after all, but let's hope he hits right away and forces the team's hands to cement him at 2B when Story is healthy.

18 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

He's been rostered for weeks already in all my competitive leagues, as well as have guys like Alvarez and Riley.  If you're playing in a shallow league and he's not on your team already and your leaguemates are more than casual players, he's likely already gone, especially if your league has at least one NA spot (not you in particular, btw, just speaking about these types of leagues in general).  Good luck to everyone who still has a shot at getting him though.  Usage could be frustrating since these are the Rockies after all, but let's hope he hits right away and forces the team's hands to cement him at 2B when Story is healthy.

Ours is a 10 team league with no IL or NA slots so if you didn't draft someone at a low $ price, it is tough to carry many speculative minor leaguers.  It will be format dependent but he should either be already rostered or a "run don't walk" situation if he is available.  

7 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

What gave you that idea? Was it the news that broke before you posted this that they were calling him up on...Friday?

:lol:

The post directly above mine that was posted one hr before mine says TONIGHT. Pretty sure TODAY is THURSDAY. That's why I said Friday. It makes a difference in daily leagues with one minor league slot. 

2 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

The post directly above mine that was posted one hr before mine says TONIGHT. Pretty sure TODAY is THURSDAY. That's why I said Friday. It makes a difference in daily leagues with one minor league slot. 

They don’t play today. So calling him today or tomorrow is irrelevant. It’s to play a game on Friday. All reports mention calling him up for Friday.