NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver on Judge or wait for Yahoo to add Olivera?

nodnarbnap

Yahoo still has not added Olivera to the player database. I have the #6 waiver and I am not sure Olivera would slip past the #5 guy. Should I just use my waiver now and pick up needs for this year Osuna, A.Judge for my NA spot, Khris Davis?

Also have verbal agreement from a team to acquire Joc and Kershaw for Miggy essentially so my roster may change a bit but either way, I wont have room to keep Olivera regardless unless I was to get him and he lit the world on fire.

Team in my signature.

Olivera is currently on the DL and at least 30. I'm not certain I'd save a waiver pick for him.

Osuna would be a decent grab right now, if you're competing and in need of saves. If not, I'd save waiver pick for a while.

I could use saves, who knows what is going on with Rondon, I have Grilli, and just traded Rusney Castillo for Huston Street as well as have A.Miller on the DL so I could use the saves. I am thinking I just go for the gold this year and not worry about Olivera, especially since I do not have a really high pick, a bunch of teams would have to pass for me to even have a shot.

Yeah Olivera is older, on the DL, and no clear path to majors. I'm not sure he's worth it

Cool, yea, just the way my team is, I need some pitching help, saves, etc. Would rather just bolster this year and make the run rather than wait in hopes to get someone.

Archived