NBC Sports Edge Forums

Need some help on Hanley trade. WHIR for sure!

I'm in 1st place in my roto league by 14.5 points. Crushing right now. Here's my team:

Actives...

1B PGoldschmidt Ari
2B NWalker Pit
SS MSemien Oak
3B TFrazier Cin
OF BHarper Was
OF CGomez Mil
OF CMaybin Atl
OF CBlackmon Col
OF MBetts Bos
C YGomes Cle
C NHundley Col
UT CSantana Cle
CI AGonzalez LAD
MI MDuffy SF
P CCarrasco Cle
P DKeuchel Hou
P JFernandez Mia
P GRichards LAA
P TClippard Oak
P ARamos Mia
P CBuchholz Bos
P JArrieta ChC
P HStreet LAA

Reserves...
OF MKemp SD
OF SChoo Tex
C #KSchwarber ChC
MI BPhillips Cin
P MShoemaker LAA
P WDavis KC
P CCapps Mia

My main weakness has been middle, particularly SS. I've been offered:

Hanley Ramirez for Carlos Carrasco and Matt Kemp.

It's a keeper league where we can keep up to 8, but that's not of much importance in this deal. We have some borderline keeper guys in this deal and I'm solid there.

Some things to consider: We use W, K/BB, Saves, and ERA so Carrasco and his 5+ K/BB is huge. He's probably more valuable in my league than yours.

My thought is if I lose Carrasco I plug in Capps and/or WDavis, and Shoemaker if he has good matchup.

Am I possibly ruining a good thing? Do I keep what I have and hope Semien just stays decent, or do I make this big move in hopes of solidifying a championship?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Leave a link and I'm happy to return the favor.

Thanks for helping with mine. I think Carrasco is pretty big there. Maybe try moving Kemp? I'd throw out Kemp for Desmond just to see how it goes. Point is, Hanley is kind of a gamble but may be worth it. I mean, if you get no better options, I'd do this trade just because Hanley is the best player there, but see if you can do better first.

Thanks for helping with mine. I think Carrasco is pretty big there. Maybe try moving Kemp? I'd throw out Kemp for Desmond just to see how it goes. Point is, Hanley is kind of a gamble but may be worth it. I mean, if you get no better options, I'd do this trade just because Hanley is the best player there, but see if you can do better first.

I think the Kemp for Desmond offer might be a good idea if possible. Your struggling guy with name for someone else's. As far as the deal you presented goes I'm a little skeptical. On face value it looks fine because Hanley does hit well when healthy and can be a top bat, but I feel like the injury concern is just too much to give up Carrasco in a league where K/BB is a category. I think that Carrasco is a top 15-20 pitcher on talent and peripherals, maybe even higher. Semien should be a decent option. SS is usually so bad that you don't need a top option there to win, just someone that isn't hurting you. I wouldn't want to trade for Hanley just to see him hit the DL, because it seems like he leaves a game at least once every 2 weeks.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=525443

Appreciate the thought so far. Don't disagree with any, but I'm a little surprised. Another bit of info, I'm leading Wins by 10 and only leading runs produced by 10 total (runs + RBI) and up 6 in HRs. I guess I see offense as a more pressing need. I do love me some Carrasco though. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the help on mine. I wouldn't move Carrasco and Kemp for Hanley even if you are worried about offense. I think has keeper implications that will become more apparent later in the season.

Thanks. We can keep up to 8, losing a round for each. I agree Carrasco could easily be a keeper for me. But...

Bryce, Goldy, Frazier, CGomez, JoFer, Mookie are likely locks. Then I could keep 2 of Arrieta, Keuchel, Blackmon.

Point is, Carrasco and Hanley are likely both top 88 picks (we're 11 teams), but I'm not short on keepers and that aspect doesn't affect my thinking. I'm trying to win this year.

I was able to acquire BCrawford. I'm really worried about Semien (slump + 26 errors + hitting 8th or 9th). Does Crawford give me enough to forget Hanley? Can my pitching withstand losing Carrasco?

WHIR if you leave a link.

Like some others said, I think Carrasco will be better in the second half... I think Crawford will be sufficient and you don't need to target Hanley...

Archived