NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Lewis Brinson - OF MIA

Gauthmann44

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point they have no reason to wait until after the Super 2 deadline.  Even then, I'm not sure we'll see him right away unless Brauns injury turns out to be long term.  They have too many options on the roster already and I'm sure they'd like to increase their trade value as much as possible before turning to the kids.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Service clock time?  No.  That was over the first couple of weeks of the season.  Just Super 2 which is pushing back eligibility for arbitration a year; not free agency.  Which they can avoid with their current players for a few weeks most likely.  But it isn't as important as service time for free agency whose date is way in the past now.

Lol, so yes? The slash meaning, holding him back because of contract issues, not because of readiness or opportunity.

Starting to panic a bit. we're a quarter of the way into the season and Brinson is sitting at 4 bombs in a notoriously hitter friendly league and an even a more notorious  hitter's park. After a quick start the OPS continues to dip.Selling is starting to cross my mind.

4 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Starting to panic a bit. we're a quarter of the way into the season and Brinson is sitting at 4 bombs in a notoriously hitter friendly league and an even a more notorious  hitter's park. After a quick start the OPS continues to dip.Selling is starting to cross my mind.

His season seems fine to date. Nothing out of line with prior seasons. For keeper leagues, I don't really see a reason to change course. For re-drafts, the outlook is worse. He's not pounding down the door to be called up and the Brewers have 3 viable outfielders, though neither Santana or Broxton are locked in to anything. Plus injuries happen. So he'll probably be up at some point this year, but in what capacity? And will he immediately produce? Lot of ifs have to break his way right now, making him a questionable hold in re-drafts depending on your alternatives

7 hours ago, Jericho said:

His season seems fine to date. Nothing out of line with prior seasons. For keeper leagues, I don't really see a reason to change course. For re-drafts, the outlook is worse. He's not pounding down the door to be called up and the Brewers have 3 viable outfielders, though neither Santana or Broxton are locked in to anything. Plus injuries happen. So he'll probably be up at some point this year, but in what capacity? And will he immediately produce? Lot of ifs have to break his way right now, making him a questionable hold in re-drafts depending on your alternatives

Keep in mind he's basically playing in Coors field if not slightly better. For him to only have 4HR in that kind of park, is tremendously underwhelming to me when most of us are imagining him as a 25HR guy.

On 5/21/2017 at 8:58 PM, Tryptamine said:

Keep in mind he's basically playing in Coors field if not slightly better. For him to only have 4HR in that kind of park, is tremendously underwhelming to me when most of us are imagining him as a 25HR guy.

Agreed. And the 5 steals aren't that much either. .175 ISO. He's barely 23 years old and he's 6'-3", so maybe the power will develop in the future, but for those expecting a significant contribution his season, don't hold your breath.

6 hours ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

what else does he have to prove?

I think it's less about what he has to prove and more about the guys on the current MLB roster who are all playing well enough.

He either needs Broxton or Santana to get extremely cold to the point of being benched/sent down or Braun to be traded. 

On 5/28/2017 at 10:26 AM, Tryptamine said:

Almost a month now since he's hit a HR, not sure how you manage that in Colorado Springs. Mean while Brett Phillips is making him look bad.

Brett Phillips gets the call, though it's likely temporary.

3 minutes ago, Gauthmann44 said:

Think it's his job to lose? Or will he get demoted once Villar is off the DL?

I think if he hits he sticks . Bigger question would be for Villar owners . If he hits what do they do with Villar worth Sogard hitting . 

• 1 month later...