NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Correa Keeper League Trade

jat336

I'm in a 12 team keeper league with contracts based on draft slots. Correa will be in the 10th round next year when he is kept. Followed by 9th in 2017, 8th in 2018, 7th in 2019 and then he has to be put back into the draft in 2020.

I currently have 3 of the first 10 picks in the 2016 draft in our league. Two of my picks are in a draft lottery with the top 6 picks. The draft is a pretty good one. It includes Goldschmidt, Harper, Rizzo, Kershaw. If i keep any of them they will be in the 1st round continually.

I also have 2 second rounders, 2 thirds, no 4th, and 3 fifths.

The owner who has Correa wants the highest pick I get in the lottery.

Is it worth it?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does that mean you can only keep a lotto pick for one year since it's in the first round? If so, I'd definitely rather have Correa for 4 years and your second lotto pick for one than two lotto picks for one year each.

Thanks for the help with mine.

So does that mean you can only keep a lotto pick for one year since it's in the first round? If so, I'd definitely rather have Correa for 4 years and your second lotto pick for one than two lotto picks for one year each.

Thanks for the help with mine.

No you can keep them for 5 years max. But we can only have 15 years of contracts on the books at a time and up to 5 players.

They'd have to be in the first every year.

Still think I'd do it, 'cause I'm very high on Correa. I think he's gonna be a top 1-3 SS and top 10 player for years to come. To be able to keep him in those later rounds is icing on the cake.

I would rather have Harper, Goldy or Rizzo for 5 years than Correa for 3. Is this a take it or leave it now type of deal? Or do you think you can revisit it post lottery? I would take it if you fall into 4-6 but not 1-3. I would doubt he would take 4-6 post lottery so that puts you in a tougher spot. You like to gamble? ;)

I would rather have Harper, Goldy or Rizzo for 5 years than Correa for 3. Is this a take it or leave it now type of deal? Or do you think you can revisit it post lottery? I would take it if you fall into 4-6 but not 1-3. I would doubt he would take 4-6 post lottery so that puts you in a tougher spot. You like to gamble? ;)

I'd get Correa for 4 years since this would count as his first year under contract. I just love his value in the 10.

The guy won't do it post draft.

I don't normally like signing first rounders because players don't tend to hold their values in the 1st for that many years. However Harper and Goldy are exceptions to me. Especially Harper because of his age.

If I knew I would be outside of the top 3 I would do it right now.

I think you roll the dice and go for it. Correa has as much upside as anyone and will only get better. You might miss out on Harper or Goldy, but it's a gamble I take. Thanks for help on mine.

Thanks for helping with mine. I'd probably take the deal. Correa on the cheap for years seems like a win, especially at SS. I think Correa will be a perennial first rounders in redrafts for years.

Correa will be a first round pick next year. Having him at round 10 is a no brainer. Just my two cents.

There is no guarantee you get Gold or Harper if you can give me 100% certainty that you can get Gold and Harper I will then consider it.

thanks for your help with my most droppable player question....

i agree with most of the other posters, i'd keep correa... i would rather have goldy & harper but you have no garuantee that you will get them and correa that low will just help your team out so much more... plus people draft SS tooearly becuase of how the position is. and being able to get the best one for the next few years is a gamble worth taking.

Do you have Correa or are you trading for him?

Either way, Correa.

I'd be trading the highest pick i have for next year (guaranteed top 6 and I have two chances. We do a lottery)

Potentially could get Harper, Goldy, Rizzo, Kershaw

Thanks for helping with mine. I'd probably take the deal. Correa on the cheap for years seems like a win, especially at SS. I think Correa will be a perennial first rounders in redrafts for years.

Thanks for the help twice bro! Please see my help above.

Thanks for the help twice bro! Please see my help above.

Welcome! Im having such a difficult time pulling the trigger on this.

Harper, Goldy, Rizzo are all better then Correa. But the value of keeping Correa with a middle round pick is a lot more valuable then those other guys as a first. Who knows, maybe the lotto breaks your way and you get two top 3 picks, maybe it doesn't and you end up with the 5th and 6th. Don't leave it to chance, take the stud young SS you know you'll be able to get.

Harper, Goldy, Rizzo are all better then Correa. But the value of keeping Correa with a middle round pick is a lot more valuable then those other guys as a first. Who knows, maybe the lotto breaks your way and you get two top 3 picks, maybe it doesn't and you end up with the 5th and 6th. Don't leave it to chance, take the stud young SS you know you'll be able to get.

Gonna try offering my 2nd lottery for him

Archived