Reserves...
SS MSemien Oak
OF SChoo Tex
C KSchwarber ChC
UT CSantana Cle
P *CBuchholz Bos
P MShoemaker LAA
P WDavis KC

Pretty standard offense cats, though pitching is W, Saves, ERA, K/BB (no Ks, no WHIP).

Currently in 1st place. Trying to settle in my keepers and decide who to deal for the stretch run.

We can keep up to 8, losing a round per, forever.

The locks- Bryce, Goldy, JoFer, Frazier, Betts, Gomez

That leaves 2 spots for the following:

Blackmon- .290/12 HRs/24 SBs

Keuchel- 12 W, 2.12 ERA, 3.74 K/BB

Arrieta- 11 W, 2.52 ERA, 4.75 K/BB

Carrasco- 9 W, 3.94 ERA, 5.33 K/BB

Along with options like:
AGonz- .296 21 HRs

Maybin & Schwarber could even make themselves legitimate options.

So I have plenty of keeper options.

One of my thoughts is moving CGomez. Not running as much, could possibly get some quality for him. Slide Kemp into OF and CSantana in at UT. Think this is my best move based on need to win this now and keeper options? Then who would you keep? Other thoughts?

Thanks for any thoughts and leave a link. Happy to help.

I think Gomez value as of right now is much lower than what you should expect as a fair return for him. If you can find good value I'm not against it. For me the 2 keepers are between 3 players. Arrieta to me is the slam dunk next choice. Then schwarber and kuechel would have to be decided upon. If schwarber stays at catcher I think you roll with him.

Really surprised at the Schwarber love. I mean, I love him as a hitter. But is he going to be a top 90 pick next season? Ahead of Keuchel, Blackmon, who's on pace for 20/40?

He also seems like a good player to deal, considering I have 3 startable catchers in a 2 C league.

I need HRs. Guy in 2nd can catch me. Was thinking about using Gomez to get either EE or JD Martinez. Or considering Gomez + Schwarber to get a bigger name.

Appreciate the thoughts so far.

I actually like Keuchel & Blackmon then maybe Carrasco or Schwarber over Gomez if you can't trade him. I am just not that high on Gomez anymore. I think Blackmon is now what Gomez was the last 3-4 years. But someone is probably willing to pay a decent price for Gomez so see what you can get. Either way, that's a very solid young group of keepers.

Really surprised at the Schwarber love. I mean, I love him as a hitter. But is he going to be a top 90 pick next season? Ahead of Keuchel, Blackmon, who's on pace for 20/40?

No, not necessarily. But Schwarber is on a much better team and you want to keep him. I don't think Blackmon will continue as a 20/40 player.. the Rockies are bleh.

Archived