NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Schwarber for Rendon in keeper a no-brainer? WHIR

Important notes-

--Keep up to 8, forever.

--Currently have quite a few options- Bryce, Goldy, JoFernandez, Mookie, Gomez, Frazier, Keuchel, Arrieta, Schwarber, Blackmon...

--I'm currently in 1st place in roto. Just trying to lock up THIS SEASON.

So I have Schwarber in a 2 C league. I also own YGomes & Hundley, so I can afford to trade him.

My current middle is-

NWalker- .271/9 HR/3 SB

BCrawford- .270/15 HR/4 SB

BPhillips- .273 5/HR/11 SB

My initial thought was easy accept, but...

Rendon has had knee, oblique, and quad issues. Just came back. Injury a concern, but I think we can say safely there wont be many SB opportunities.

So FOR THIS SEASON, is Rendon really an upgrade over Walker and/or Phillips?

For reference, ZIPS ROS has:

Rendon at .277/5 HR/3 SB

Walker .268/7 HR/2 SB

Phillips- .267/5 HR/4 SB

Then weigh keeper status. Would you definitely take Rendon long term? Do I make the deal and just start Gomes & Hundley?

Leave a link. Happy to help.

Thanks for the help.

I would hold on Schwarber and not make that trade. I think that Phillips could come close to Rendon this season, and I bet he has more steals.

Also, it doesn't look like it makes sense for you to keep Rendon anyway. Too many good options.

Thanks for the help.

I would hold on Schwarber and not make that trade. I think that Phillips could come close to Rendon this season, and I bet he has more steals.

Also, it doesn't look like it makes sense for you to keep Rendon anyway. Too many good options.

I agree with the above, and thanks for help with mine.

I would rather stay put and keep Schwarber. I don't think Rendon will be that big of an upgrade this season especially since he won't likely steal many bases. In this season and for the rest of his career, we don't know how often Rendon will get steals and that will have a big impact on his fantasy value. If he's just a 20 HR 2B with almost no speed then he won't be very special.

I'm pretty high on Schwarber and, call me crazy if you want, I think he can be the best catcher in fantasy ROS. It doesn't matter if you have Hundley or Gomes since they would be a downgrade compared to Schwarber (except when he is out of the lineup). If the Cubs transfer him to the OF down the stretch then you'll have an above average bat that you can plug into your catcher spot 6-7 days a week. If you add in that he is a young hitter and is still going to improve long-term, I think it would make the most sense to keep Schwarber.

Rendon isn't a big enough upgrade to your middle-infield to justify trading Schwarber for him. It seems like your trading him for the name-value rather than his production, since I find it doubtful that he'll match his SB numbers from last season. I would stay put.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=528694

Archived