NBC Sports Edge Forums

Randy Moss should be locked up by Friday !!

Wizard of Boz

Citing two NFL sources, AOL Sports' Sean Jensen reports Randy Moss is expected to sign a "multi-year deal" to stay in New England.

There was never much doubt Moss would stay with the Super Bowl runner-ups. Moss' deal, which can't become official until Friday at 12AM, figures to make him the NFL's richest wideout, though it may be surpassed by Larry Fitzgerald's deal later in the offseason. The contract is expected to be for three years, $30 million with $12-15 million guaranteed. Jensen adds that impending free agent Lance Briggs is slated to sign with San Francisco.

If this is true, then this is excellent. Usually I don't like it when the Pats sign people to huge deals, but I think Moss has earned this one. Without him, the Pats are not 16-0. An amazing talent that has found a home here.

One concern...does he implode now that he has the big money? I don't think he will, but look at his history. He and TO seem to have a habit of being model citizens for the first year or two, and then they slowly implode. Again, I doubt it, but it can't not be a slight concern.

If this is true, then this is excellent. Usually I don't like it when the Pats sign people to huge deals, but I think Moss has earned this one. Without him, the Pats are not 16-0. An amazing talent that has found a home here.

One concern...does he implode now that he has the big money? I don't think he will, but look at his history. He and TO seem to have a habit of being model citizens for the first year or two, and then they slowly implode. Again, I doubt it, but it can't not be a slight concern.

Yeah I wouldn't worry though. Winning cures all ails. I hope the Pat's are back were they were last year maybe a few more losses, but still in the SB. Also, knowing the way Bill operates up here I would think he has no problem at all cutting Moss the second he steps out of line with a coach etc.. He's really been a class act this season though.......so hopefully it carries onto next year. Gotta work him on some different patterns than the hail mary though......think eveyone caught on to that by week 10.

Now if we just had some linebackers? Anyone? (maybe they're thinking they'll draft a stud LB)

Citing two NFL sources, AOL Sports' Sean Jensen reports Randy Moss is expected to sign a "multi-year deal" to stay in New England.

There was never much doubt Moss would stay with the Super Bowl runner-ups. Moss' deal, which can't become official until Friday at 12AM, figures to make him the NFL's richest wideout, though it may be surpassed by Larry Fitzgerald's deal later in the offseason. The contract is expected to be for three years, $30 million with $12-15 million guaranteed. Jensen adds that impending free agent Lance Briggs is slated to sign with San Francisco.

Whatever on the "great news." Look New Englanders, you have a great team. And Randy Moss is a hall of fame receiver. But he's getting old and he's never won a Super Bowl, and there are good reasons for that.

I think the Pats would have made it to the Super Bowl with or without Moss last season, and they ended up suffering one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history with Moss- possibly thge biggest upset ever. Nice way to end the season.

I think the Pats would be better off cutting ties with Moss and going back to the basics- 4-5 or good but not great receivers- guys like Troy Brown- that's how they won the Super Bowls as opposed to this past debacle.

The only interesting part about that article was that I am really surprised to see that AOL is still in business.

I don't know why he knows that but it makes me happy. Now lets get Colvin too!

Whatever on the "great news." Look New Englanders, you have a great team. And Randy Moss is a hall of fame receiver. But he's getting old and he's never won a Super Bowl, and there are good reasons for that.

I think the Pats would have made it to the Super Bowl with or without Moss last season, and they ended up suffering one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history with Moss- possibly thge biggest upset ever. Nice way to end the season.

I think the Pats would be better off cutting ties with Moss and going back to the basics- 4-5 or good but not great receivers- guys like Troy Brown- that's how they won the Super Bowls as opposed to this past debacle.

The only interesting part about that article was that I am really surprised to see that AOL is still in business.

Moss is far from the reason that the Pats lost the Super Bowl. The blame should fall squarely on the shoulders of the offensive line for that one. No QB in the league can perform well when they have defenders breathing down their neck nearly every play. Had the O-Line given Brady the time he had been accustomed to all season, I believe that the Pats would have won. But they didn't. All the credit in the world goes to Tom Coughlin and his coaching staff for drawing up an excellent gameplan and to the Giants D-Line for executing that plan to near perfection.

On the contrary, I think that the Pats would have been far worse without Moss.

Moss is far from the reason that the Pats lost the Super Bowl. The blame should fall squarely on the shoulders of the offensive line for that one. No QB in the league can perform well when they have defenders breathing down their neck nearly every play. Had the O-Line given Brady the time he had been accustomed to all season, I believe that the Pats would have won. But they didn't. All the credit in the world goes to Tom Coughlin and his coaching staff for drawing up an excellent gameplan and to the Giants D-Line for executing that plan to near perfection.

On the contrary, I think that the Pats would have been far worse without Moss.

I agree the O-Line was not up to snuff but the D is what let us down. The D had to make a stand with 3 minutes left. The Giants had to score a TD and the D could not stop them, that is downright terrible.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but I feel like the O-Line was the group that deserves the most. We all know that the defense was far more vulnerable this year than in the past, and if t O-Line played well, they never would have been put in that position. Down the stretch, I had little confidence in the D, including on that last drive. But I agree, a little blame can fall on everyone.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but I feel like the O-Line was the group that deserves the most. We all know that the defense was far more vulnerable this year than in the past, and if t O-Line played well, they never would have been put in that position. Down the stretch, I had little confidence in the D, including on that last drive. But I agree, a little blame can fall on everyone.

I disagree. The Giants have one of the fiercest pass rushes in the NFL, and the problem was the playcalling...to beat/stave off such a rush, you need to run quick slants and outs and screens...they got fancy and rarely showed the 4 and 5 receiver sets that would pit the Faulks and Gaffneys against LBs, mismatches that all season led to 5 and 6 yard gains at a pop.

Moss, while quiet, did his job. He has learned that he is just as valuable to this team taking up two defenders as he is catching bombs...

Yeah I wouldn't worry though. Winning cures all ails. I hope the Pat's are back were they were last year maybe a few more losses, but still in the SB. Also, knowing the way Bill operates up here I would think he has no problem at all cutting Moss the second he steps out of line with a coach etc.. He's really been a class act this season though.......so hopefully it carries onto next year. Gotta work him on some different patterns than the hail mary though......think eveyone caught on to that by week 10.

Now if we just had some linebackers? Anyone? (maybe they're thinking they'll draft a stud LB)

Um, what exactly did Moss win? B)

Hidden
Now lets hope for a return to the Bowl with Randy

Yeah so you can go 18 - 1 again this year and CHOKE in the superbowl like they did vs. Giants. And also keep on spying on other teams. Belicheck and NE are all bums and cheaters and should be thrown out of the NFL.

Clayton on ESPN just reported there is no deal as of tonight on.

Well that isnt the news I want to hear Rotoking !!! Lol

Im not truly sure how it works though. I believe its against league policy to announce any type of free agent signings before midnight tonight (which is now). So hopefully a deal is in process and they just didnt want to leak anything out regarding the hot water they are in as it is....lol

When the Patriots acquired Moss in April, he had two years remaining on his contract and was scheduled to earn $21 million over the 2007-08 seasons. But he agreed to a restructured contract - a one-year, $2.5 million deal that included a $500,000 roster bonus and $2 million in incentives - to consummate the trade.

But the contract restructuring also meant that although Moss was a bargain this year, his one-year contract expired once the season ended. So that means Moss could be coming off an All-Pro season and then hit unrestricted free agency. I just feel that he has rekindled that flame he had from previous years here in New England and since he restructured the original deal just to come here. That he will be willing to stay here and hear the Pats offers before any team. Hopefully !!!

Still no deal...I'm not too worried, but you can't ignore the possibility of some team jumping in and offering the guy some mega-deal. Honestly, I know that Moss was a model citizen this past season, but I wouldn't put it past him to bolt for some more money. I still like our chances of bringing him back, but in no way am I comfortable at the moment...

Well, its Friday, I havent heard anything

I've heard this:

Its on the Eagles official site board that Gcobb is reporting that Moss wants to speak with Mcnabb because he wants to come play here. he wants to play here because he thinks he will fit into our system and with Mcnabb. I guess Asante was his boy and now he wants to go where he goes

Now, I just need to find a link....

If Moss isn't in New England, the next place I would want him to be is behind the counter at a smoothie bar.

I wonder how much marijuana he put into that smoothie?

Seriously though, if he's going to take any job you know he'd be a meter maid....

Archived