NBC Sports Edge Forums

Your big miss...you got it wrong.

Backdoor Slider

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't believe in Sonny Gray as a top30 SP again this season and traded him away for horrible value; was so wrong.

Straily, Cingrani & Bauer were three of my favorite young pitchers and none of them worked out.

Matt Kemp and Jorge Soler.

Not sayin' he will sustain it, but Kemp looks great last few games. (because i'm facing him perhaps)

Yea, youre right. But man hes been abysmal for most of the year. He had an under 700 OPS for most of the year. Hopefully he finished strong.

I dropped RA Dickey right before he went on his long tear during his Cy Young season, despite generally being a fan (thought I could stream him and that he would be there 2 days later - nope).

Trading Scherzer for Justin Upton when Scherzer won the Cy Young. This trade looked amazing for the first month, when Upton led the League in home runs. Then he remembered he was Justin Upton.

leonys martin: 100 r, 50 sb

adam laroche: cleanup hitter in a great lineup; sneaky 25 hr, 90 rbi

drew hutchison: year he puts it all together: 3.25 era, 1.20 whip, 200 k

tyson ross: top 10 SP easy

brian dozier: terrible lineup; give me pedroia

I have been wrong on countless players over the years but there is 1 trade I made prior to the 2009 season that haunts me to this day.

N.L. only dynasty league and I had a strong pitching staff and a weak outfield.

I traded Clayton Kershaw coming off a decent rookie season for the hot prospect OF Colby Rasmus ... straight up. Colby was decent for a couple of years but clashed with STL management and was shipped off to Toronto. So I lost Rasmus to the A.L. and had nothing to show for from the Kershaw trade.

To this day I get an empty sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach every time I see Kershaw toss another gem.

Won the title last year - coulda kept deGrom for round 4... instead let him go and drafted Zimmerman in that spot... still kicking myself.

Of course, coulda been worse - I chose NOT to keep Lucroy and Mesoraco - lucky there... and in contention.

In early May I had both Dozier and Kipnis and could only start 1, so I traded Kipnis for Drew Smyly.

2 days later he went on the DL and Kipnis turned I to one of the best hitters in baseball.

I missed on Jung-Ho Kang... Thought he was going to be awesome... He slumped so I dropped him, then naturally he turns out to start hitting as I had hoped after he was on someone else's roster lol

Sold Lorenzo Cain during his slump thinking he was going back to being a pumpkin and would get moved back down in the order. Was completely wrong on that. I was high on him early in the season, called him this years Brantley Jr., then lost my confidence in him stupidly.

Also, having Buster Posey made me hesitate on picking up Kyle Schwarber. At the AS break I had the chance to pick him up. Hadn't heard Montero's MRI results yet so I waited. He went on the DL and immediately got snagged. I almost grabbed him 3 days before. The guy who got him has gone on a metaphoric rise up from 67 rotos to almost 80 in that span. Should of just picked him up to block someone else, then dealt with the backlash of where to play. Dumbass me.

Archived