NBC Sports Edge Forums

Your big miss...you got it wrong.

Backdoor Slider

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Steve Pearce would be great

I also thought Pearce would be a solid late round pick and drafted him on 2 teams. Looked good the first week and then ......

Me too. Wonder how he managed to have that success in 2014????? It's like the devil he made the deal with called in his chips after the third game.

I'm sure this is a common one this year. My biggest sleeper pick going into the season was AJ Pollock. I had to have him on my team and so I did. I also had Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, and Matt Kemp. Fast forward to May and I'm beginning to get frustrated with Pollock's inconsistent playing time. I was quite frustrated with Kemp too but knew I could flip him on name value. So I see Reddick sitting out there red hot and figure I'm the only one in my league who likes Pollock so I'll be able to pick him up again in a couple days. I picked up Reddick and 5 days later my buddy snags Pollock to stream. Consistent playing time follows and I missed out on owning the best Outfield in my league.

I was able to flip Kemp, Cashner, and next year's 3rd for Pillar, Sale, and next year's 4th a couple days after I dropped Pollock so that was nice. Pollock still burns me every time I look at the player rater though. He is in such a great situation. Ugh.

Pre-injury trading away Bryant for Rendon. I though bryant wouldn't come up until later and would struggle out the gate.

Declined to trade Tyson Ross for Pollock in early May thinking I needed the pitching.

All time; In the same league in 2010 I dropped Bautista on May 3rd and then on June 16th dropped Encarnacion. 15 team keeper league.

Drafting a shortstop

Good one. My SS the last two years, Crawford (out of FA) this year, Jhonny Peralta (out of FA) last. Don't know if I'll ever bother drafting a SS inside the top 20 rounds again.

Same thing with 2B. Grabbed Dozier late last year, and Kipnis late the year he broke out (2012?).

Busts this year: Soler, Alex Wood, Dickerson (not his fault though he was raking before the plantar), Beltre (although he is starting to come on now)

Soler I reached for in the 6th, I had him last year for his hot start and I'm a cubs fan so ya...Wood was great for me last year and came at a solid price but man he has been terrible

My season has been saved by: Correa, ARod, Schwarber, Salazar and a trade where I moved Abreu + Pineda for Cutch + Brantley ... still in 1st place probably because of that

Made a trade with a guy before this season and had the choice of Sonny Gray or Alex Wood. I chose Wood. :(

lol wow this is similar to me bro..i was offered gray in a combo deal for wood but i didn't like the other guys involved..should have taken it. at least we both have sale and keuchel to carry us anyway

keeping Anthony Rendon in a keep 5 league.

I don't know that was necessarily wrong. He's just been hurt. And, he might still be a keeper in a keep 5 league.

I had him in a keep 10 and just traded him and Kahnle for Hosmer & Taijuan Walker. So, I think he still has some value.

I don't know that was necessarily wrong. He's just been hurt. And, he might still be a keeper in a keep 5 league.

I had him in a keep 10 and just traded him and Kahnle for Hosmer & Taijuan Walker. So, I think he still has some value.

If all you got was Hosmer and walker then his value is meh.

My 4 top purchases this year in a 12 team roto auction:

SS Troy Tulowitzski $32

2B Anthony Rendon $26

SP Stephen Strasburg $25

SP Adam Wainwright $17

Somehow I'm still in 5th and have a shot to finish 3rd.

If all you got was Hosmer and walker then his value is meh.

Taijuan is pretty valuable in a deep keeper. Hosmer is probably a keeper too. I think I did pretty well getting 2 keepers for Rendon and a piece of waiver wire trash.

Not saying I didn't sell low relative to where I drafted him, my point was that he still has value.

Troy Tulowitzki. #garbage.

Troy Tulowitzki could probably be on this list every year. I don't understand why he keeps getting drafted where he does. I mean, I guess I understand it, I just disagree with it.

Archived