• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 4 top purchases this year in a 12 team roto auction:

SS Troy Tulowitzski $32

2B Anthony Rendon $26

SP Stephen Strasburg $25

SP Adam Wainwright $17

Somehow I'm still in 5th and have a shot to finish 3rd.

I spent 40 on Tulo and 31 on Waino.

I thought Steve Pearce would be great

I also thought Pearce would be a solid late round pick and drafted him on 2 teams. Looked good the first week and then ......

I could write a book called "Seven Days of Genius" about all the guys I've drafted that have looked great for a week and then disappeared for the rest of the season.

One thing I've noticed is it's pretty easy to outwit yourself, especially in a keeper, and usually gratuitously - ie there's the obvious choice which will work fine but you try to get cute and opt for the clever pick, and it blows up in your face.

Traded Arenado and Carlos Martinez for Kris Bryant thinking Bryant's power was about to take off when he was hitting .280 in June

Ouch. Arenado for Bryant would have been bad, but the Martinez throw in is the kicker. Hopefully it's not a deep keeper.

Off the top of my head:

Soler

Hanley

I review my rankings/posts again at the end of every year to see what I can learn from my predictions but these two pop out off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head:

Soler

Hanley

I review my rankings/posts again at the end of every year to see what I can learn from my predictions but these two pop out off the top of my head.

What's wrong with Hanley (depending on where you picked him)?

He's been bad lately, and you should have someone else starting right now, but you could have done worse at SS this year. A lot worse.

Off the top of my head:

Soler

Hanley

He's been bad lately, and you should have someone else starting right now, but you could have done worse at SS this year. A lot worse.

It's not so much that he's been awful (although he's been a pain in the butt) but that I thought he'd have a near triple crown season. He hasn't come close to that.

Soler hurt me bad this year. Ryan Zimm is another one.

I thought Soler would be a 25 HR guy this year.

I considered placing RZim on this list but shouldn't have expected a injury prone player to stay healthy and his draft cost wasn't much at all.

Drafting Puig with my first round pick at #11.

Trading away JD Martinez for Matt Wieters literally on the day before his big 3-HR game that marked the launch of his ridiculous HR/RBI binge to become a top 10 bat.

Rejecting an offer of Sonny Gray and Manny Machado for my Joc Pederson early in the season.

Drafting Puig with my first round pick at #11.

Trading away JD Martinez for Matt Wieters literally on the day before his big 3-HR game that marked the launch of his ridiculous HR/RBI binge to become a top 10 bat.

Rejecting an offer of Sonny Gray and Manny Machado for my Joc Pederson early in the season.

Dang

Off the top of my head:

Soler

Hanley

It's not so much that he's been awful (although he's been a pain in the butt) but that I thought he'd have a near triple crown season. He hasn't come close to that.

Hanley has never even been close to being a triple crown threat.

I guess this is the "big miss" thread though.

Archived