NBC Sports Edge Forums

JR Smith 2015-2016 Season Outlook

LuSamSiam

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy I beat last week just cut him for Evan Fournier. When JR starts to get hot again, I will have to decide if he is going to produce more than Manu. Even in the second half of the season last year, he was not that efficient with his minutes. So it looks like he needs a lot of shots/minutes to produce fantasy relevant results. If he is not doing it now, what will life be like when Irving returns?

Feeding Love, Lebron getting his and Irving chucking does not leave much for JR.

He helped me win my league in 2013. But I'm not sold on him right now in 2015.

J.R. Smith (right knee) will miss at least the next two games.

An MRI on Smith's right knee revealed a right knee bruise and quad tendinitis, and the earliest he could return under this timetable is Sunday against the Pacers, although the Cavs say he's doubtful for that one as well. The short-handed Cavs will need Matthew Dellavedova and Mo Williams to play big minutes, while Jared Cunningham and Richard Jefferson will also see a boost in playing time.

Any updates on this guy? Leaning towards holding him in a 12 team league (14 players), if he's just day-to-day, maybe out til middle of next week. But if he's missing 2+ weeks, I'd rather just drop..

He was a GTD today. He's reportedly already practiced in full at least once and warmed up today.

Hoping he can give some nice stuff. There is still a window here with Kyrie maybe out still until early Dec. and Iman until early Jan.?

Jr's always been 2nd half guy. He has started off slow every year and it always causes his owners to trade/drop him and then regret b/c he explodes after the all-star break. Maybe he is the type of a player who gets into the groove as he plays more games and gets in better shape.

That would be fine and all, but Shump and Kyrie will be back around then...not leaving much room for JR who would presumably go back to the bench

I agree that it doesn't matter whether JR Smith is starting or not. He's one of those players who might be better playing off the bench and thriving on weaker matchups. If I'm not mistaken, he won 6th man of the year on the Knicks during their last 50+ win season, which he was an integral part of.

Archived