NBC Sports EDGE Forums

JR Smith 2015-2016 Season Outlook

LuSamSiam

As streaky a player you can find...but when hes hot hes soooo fun to own. Imma ride through his bad strech of games if hes gonna have games likes these!

LOVE IT!

Thing is though, it seems even on night when he rapes your FG% /3%...he gets his defensive stats/dime counts up :blink:

Make it impossible to let go lol. Guy alternates like +3 trey nights...with low %, +3 stocks nights hahaha

So true haha

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, erratic and such a roller coaster ride. But it's fun...I don't expect this when Shump and Kyrie are back (they need some defense in that starting lineup and not enough shots to go around), though I think he can carve out a nice niche for himself as firepower off the bench with Mo. If he can get about 30 minutes and start games hot, I'd keep him.

dropped this headache for gary neal. didn't wanna wait around while the dust settles around shump and kyries returns.

good luck if you've got him

LOL.

I actually know he will be better when the whole squad is back. More open catch and shoot opps, can focus on getting stocks, increase in efficiency. I look forward to it.

Gary f*cking Neal?! lol

I have JR Smith and can't wait for him to play this Tuesday. Like others have said, he plays better at full strength, probably because Kyrie dishes it to him or creating more opportunities as well.

I'm still thinking he loses shots, because Kyrie isn't pass-first, and because you've got additional floor spacers this year, while also having the Big Three out there to take the majority of the shots. Still, I'd imagine he gets about 15 points with 2-3 treys and a steal a game. I'd say 43-44% would be a good range for percentage, since he'll be getting the easiest shots as the unguarded 4th option, and since he's an excellent spot-up shooter. Yahoo! is being a butt so I can't check his minutes last year (and too lazy to look at other sites), but I'd say he'd get 28-30 minutes last year and likely the same this year as the sixth man. Starting Shump is a no-brainer for defense, leaving JR to feast on opposing benches and take more shots w/o the CLE starters.

Had to drop him, boys. Didn't need treys and the lure of Matt Barnes is just too much allure on the wire, even if he is fool's gold. I already miss JR. :'( Good luck y'all.

I don't understand the concern coming from the Cavs getting healthy.. JR averaged 33 mins per on a healthy Cavs team last year, avging 3 threes, 1 tov, 43% FG, 80% FT, 13 ppg 3 rpg 3 apg 1 spg. He should be must own with everyone getting healthy, it increases his value!

Looking to get 3pts and JR Smith is one of my targets. I just did some research since I forget things easily (All I remember is he was red hot in the 2nd half of the season).

So last year he started every game but one after getting traded to Cavs, and within this period of time, the Big Three were all healthy (missed 1 or 2 games at most). Shumpert missed 8 games but when he came back he didn't really hurt JR's production. The only thing has changed is the addition of Mo Williams.

Looking to get 3pts and JR Smith is one of my targets. I just did some research since I forget things easily (All I remember is he was red hot in the 2nd half of the season).

So last year he started every game but one after getting traded to Cavs, and within this period of time, the Big Three were all healthy (missed 1 or 2 games at most). Shumpert missed 8 games but when he came back he didn't really hurt JR's production. The only thing has changed is the addition of Mo Williams.

And Richard Jefferson. It works in JR's favor that Shumpert can't stay healthy as well.

For sure a hold. He was an animal last year even with a full CLE lineup

He's making me reconsider now.. Still no sign of JR. The "good outburst" games are far and few in between the FG killer stinkers.

is he worth a hold 14 team league?

I don't think you can drop him in a 14-team league. You must have players worse than him.

Think it depends now. In a deeper 12 teamer with one additional player, and think he's drop worthy for a hot FA

Archived