NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Time To Drop Dead Weight in a deep 20-teamer: WHIR!

smokymonkey

20-team 6x6 roto (standard 5x5 cats, plus OPS & Holds). 1250 IP limit.
IF: Perez ©, Morales (1B), Valbuena (2B), Moustakas (3B), As-Cabrera (SS)
OF/UT: Carlos Gomez, Cespedes, Revere OF), Howard (UT)

BN: Hunter, Lowrie, Holt, Gallo (NA), Dickerson (DL)

SP: Bumgarner, Hamels, Arrieta, Smyly, Heston
RP: Melancon, Osuna, D-Hudson, Jeffress, Capps (DL)

1. Hunter and Lowrie have been pretty terrible over the past month, and at the very least in Hunter's case (with the youth movement in MINN), seem to be due for less PT down the stretch. I'm thinking it's time to cut bait, isn't it, at the very least with Hunter? My best options are: Domingo Santana, Travis Shaw, Moss, Steve Pearce, Trea Turner, Kike Hernandez, Gennett, Trayce Thompson, Suarez, Alex Rios. Ideally I'd replace Hunter with another OFer and Lowrie with an IFer. Thoughts?

2. Smyly and Heston seem pretty rusty. Would you hang on or drop one or both of them? Best Wire SPs: Shoemaker, Heaney or Porcello. Or I could drop one and grab Will Harris/Shawn Kelley instead for Holds and ERA/WHIP...

What would you do?

Thanks for the help! Leave a link.

20-team 6x6 roto (standard 5x5 cats, plus OPS & Holds). 1250 IP limit.

IF: Perez ©, Morales (1B), Valbuena (2B), Moustakas (3B), As-Cabrera (SS)

OF/UT: Carlos Gomez, Cespedes, Revere OF), Howard (UT)

BN: Hunter, Lowrie, Holt, Gallo (NA), Dickerson (DL)

SP: Bumgarner, Hamels, Arrieta, Smyly, Heston

RP: Melancon, Osuna, D-Hudson, Jeffress, Capps (DL)

1. Hunter and Lowrie have been pretty terrible over the past month, and at the very least in Hunter's case (with the youth movement in MINN), seem to be due for less PT down the stretch. I'm thinking it's time to cut bait, isn't it, at the very least with Hunter? My best options are: Domingo Santana, Travis Shaw, Moss, Steve Pearce, Trea Turner, Kike Hernandez, Gennett, Trayce Thompson, Suarez, Alex Rios. Ideally I'd replace Hunter with another OFer and Lowrie with an IFer. Thoughts?

2. Smyly and Heston seem pretty rusty. Would you hang on or drop one or both of them? Best Wire SPs: Shoemaker, Heaney or Porcello. Or I could drop one and grab Will Harris/Shawn Kelley instead for Holds and ERA/WHIP...

What would you do?

Thanks for the help! Leave a link.

I'd roll with Shaw over Hunter in a heartbeat right now. He's playing everyday, hitting well and has a slate of home games this week.

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't Lowrie very good last week?

The pitching situation is bordering on nightmarish. I'd actually roll the dice with Shoemaker for this week I think. Dont like Heaney vs Tex

Archived